Boxing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw this listed on Boxrec.

Boy HOWDY this is a good fight! I'm a BIG fan of Bakole, and would love to see him take this one as it would turbocharge his career.

But Yoka, for all the ridiculousness of his punch technique, and his complete lack of defense, is undeniably a heavy hitter and not without some skills. His record includes some very respectable scalps. And Yoka moves really well, which makes him a great test for Bakole.

Bakole is almost the complete package, but his two weaknesses are a lack of overall speed, and a penchant for gassing. A fast-moving, dangerous guy like Yoka is exactly the test he needs to pass, if he wants a shot at title fights.

·
Registered
13,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And now it's off !

Some BS about the omichron variant, except neither fighter actually has the virus. They only cancelled because the venue can't now hold more than 2,000 fans.

- Which is obviously a completely BS excuse for cancelling the fight. My guess is that team Yoka came to their sense and realized just how dangerous late-replacement Bakole is, and so they pulled a "Dillian" and found a semi-plausible way out.

I'll bet you my entire life savings, all $37 and 50 cents of it, that Yoka's next fight will be against his original pick, the incredibly safe & over the hill Takam.

Bakole gets shafted once again, as do the fans.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Oh that's a shame I was looking forward to this one but I believe in Yoka, I'd expect him to beat Bakole and Takam so I don't think he's scared but it sounds as if the show would no longer be profitable with the venue restrictions now in force and I don't suppose Bakole would take a heavy pay cut would he? Bottom line is if it doesn't make cents it doesn't make sense

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
This fight is still on, just seen an interview with coach Nelson, he's getting Bakole ready for Yoka in March, he didn't give the exact date and I can't find it on the scheduling either but the interview is a day old so looks like a postponement only not a cancellation. No reason at all for Yoka to be swerving Bakole, Bakole's not good enough to derail the Olympic champion's career

1 - 4 of 4 Posts