• Dillian Whyte Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dillian Whyte Stoppage

Votes: 7 14.9%
221 - 234 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
One sided mismatch. Dillian Whyte would have been a solid journey man, back in the 1990's.

·
Fighting the Fury loving Scum
1,530 Posts
Whyte was just to slow tonight, plus Fury's reach makes it a lot harder. That advantage makes it pretty hard for a smaller fighter like Whyte to get close enough to use his power advantage. Given that and the fact Whyte always tires, he needed to come out hard and fast and accept he would have to take a few shots to get his off. That strategy could have worked but he was too tentative and just waiting on the outside against a fighter with a reach advantage was never ever gonna work. I wonder if Whyte will retire or try and wait around to see if Fury really retires (I don't believe a word that lying cheat says) and IF he does he might see if he can get a final eliminator against Wilder /Joyce.

Still think Fury is most likely to try and get the big $$$ for a Usyk/AJ fight in December but we will see.

·
Registered
12,811 Posts
That was a terrible fight, Fury wasnt throwing power punches but he didnt need to he was just setting Whyte up for a big trap, cant believe Whyte didnt recover from that though

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Dillian Whyte an average fringe level contender was demanding a 45% of the split a few months back.
Credit to Eddie Hearn who took a guy that would've struggled against a prime Julius Francis or Michael Sprott. And hyped him up as some sort of super avoided ..World beater.

·
1,530 Posts
Dillian Whyte an average fringe level contender was demanding a 45% of the split a few months back.
Credit to Eddie Hearn who took a guy that would've struggled against a prime Julius Francis or Michael Sprott. And hyped him up as some sort of super avoided ..World beater.
You can't say Whyte hasn't got some good wins on his record? Povetkin, Parker, Rivas? To call him a Journeyman with no real talent is a bit unfair. He is probably too slow to beat any of the top 4 but has beaten everyone else. He only has three losses and all are against world Champs...

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
He can't throw power punches, he doesn't have any power!

Yet the guy has damn near a 70% KO rate in his career and has KO'd 4 of this last 5 opponents. Whyte, Wilder X 2 and Schwarz-----though I've never heard of this guy,

Physically, he doesn't look like an elite fighter with that semi-truck size spare tire around the middle and looks more awkward than agile with that herky-jerky body movement he does to feint his opponents, but he gets the job done and that's all that counts when fighting.

Sometimes guys with awkward styles do well since their opponents don't really know where the shots will be coming from, plus the fact he's HUGE, fighting in the 260+ range usually means he will outweigh most of his opponents.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
You can't say Whyte hasn't got some good wins on his record? Povetkin, Parker, Rivas? To call him a Journeyman with no real talent is a bit unfair. He is probably too slow to beat any of the top 4 but has beaten everyone else. He only has three losses and all are against world Champs...
He would have got smoked by most of Lennox Lewis's last 20 opponents.
He is an average Heavyweight in a weak era of average Heavyweights.

·
delivering the truth
1,058 Posts
Whyte was just to slow tonight, plus Fury's reach makes it a lot harder. That advantage makes it pretty hard for a smaller fighter like Whyte to get close enough to use his power advantage. Given that and the fact Whyte always tires, he needed to come out hard and fast and accept he would have to take a few shots to get his off. That strategy could have worked but he was too tentative and just waiting on the outside against a fighter with a reach advantage was never ever gonna work. I wonder if Whyte will retire or try and wait around to see if Fury really retires (I don't believe a word that lying cheat says) and IF he does he might see if he can get a final eliminator against Wilder /Joyce.

Still think Fury is most likely to try and get the big $$$ for a Usyk/AJ fight in December but we will see.
Fury could fight Whyte once a month and win comfortably every time. Whyte has nothing that can cause Fury trouble.

Size, reach, boxing smarts, levels. Fury just way superior

·
1,530 Posts
Yet the guy has damn near a 70% KO rate in his career and has KO'd 4 of this last 5 opponents. Whyte, Wilder X 2 and Schwarz-----though I've never heard of this guy,

Physically, he doesn't look like an elite fighter with that semi-truck size spare tire around the middle and looks more awkward than agile with that herky-jerky body movement he does to feint his opponents, but he gets the job done and that's all that counts when fighting.

Sometimes guys with awkward styles do well since their opponents don't really know where the shots will be coming from, plus the fact he's HUGE, fighting in the 260+ range usually means he will outweigh most of his opponents.
Well all his fights apart from WK, Wilder and Whyte were against complete tomato cans. He didn't do anything in the WK fight apart from the odd jab and runaway and Wilder has the worst footwork of any World Champ ever and even then he was stopped by volume of weak punches rather than a KO punch. Whyte has been KO'd by the same punch before so clearly was a big weakness, I still don't see him having power that would actually threaten a decent fighter. If and when he fights Usyk I see him struggling massively as AJ connected enough to show that he can handle way more power than Fury can offer.

·
1,530 Posts
I think you are looking through rose tinted glasses there, I agree Vitali, Tyson and Holyfield would def beat him but there is alot of mediocre guys in there who I would favor Whyte over... ( eg. Grant, Mavrović, Botha, Butler and Fortune to name a sample)

·
delivering the truth
1,058 Posts
Well all his fights apart from WK, Wilder and Whyte were against complete tomato cans. He didn't do anything in the WK fight apart from the odd jab and runaway and Wilder has the worst footwork of any World Champ ever and even then he was stopped by volume of weak punches rather than a KO punch. Whyte has been KO'd by the same punch before so clearly was a big weakness, I still don't see him having power that would actually threaten a decent fighter. If and when he fights Usyk I see him struggling massively as AJ connected enough to show that he can handle way more power than Fury can offer.
Clueless

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I think you are looking through rose tinted glasses there, I agree Vitali, Tyson and Holyfield would def beat him but there is alot of mediocre guys in there who I would favor Whyte over... ( eg. Grant, Mavrović, Botha, Butler and Fortune to name a sample)
Butler and Fortune he beats all the rest beat him.

221 - 234 of 234 Posts