Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dillian Whyte Stoppage

Votes: 7 15.2%
121 - 140 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
I'd be fine with that.

Fury has more than earned another "easy" payday, before once again stepping into the lion's den.
Plus, if he convincingly beats Whyte, (the likely scenario) then the Wilder fight becomes even more exciting. (Wilder will no doubt KO some no-hoper within the same time frame)

And I think Fury would go after Whyte just like he did to Wilder in their second fight. Fury has realized that he's much more dengerous as a come-forward fighter, especially when his opponent isn't expecting it. Plus, Whyte doesn't know how to fight off his back foot.

Early to mid-round KO.
Fury always knew this, he only became a back foot boxer around klitschko fight, his whole career involved him coming forward

·
Fighting the Fury loving Scum
1,488 Posts
This could be a interesting fight, I would agree Fury is favourite but Whyte is smarter than Wilder and while he doesn't have the single punch power of Wilder he is still dangerous and I would put this as 55/45 Fury in advance. The way it has worked out it very much looks like a mini tournament for undisputed with Fury v Whyte and Usyk v Joshua both in March/April with the winners fighting for Undisputed in Sep/Oct. Think Usyk will likely win the overall and the other 3 will be retired by Xmas 2022.

·
Registered
9,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
This could be a interesting fight, I would agree Fury is favourite but Whyte is smarter than Wilder and while he doesn't have the single punch power of Wilder he is still dangerous and I would put this as 55/45 Fury in advance. The way it has worked out it very much looks like a mini tournament for undisputed with Fury v Whyte and Usyk v Joshua both in March/April with the winners fighting for Undisputed in Sep/Oct. Think Usyk will likely win the overall and the other 3 will be retired by Xmas 2022.
i expect Joshua vs. Whyte 2 to happen around the same time the Fury vs. Usyk Undisputed fight is taking place...

·
Fighting the Fury loving Scum
1,488 Posts
i expect Joshua vs. Whyte 2 to happen around the same time the Fury vs. Usyk Undisputed fight is taking place...
I would be extremely surprised if that happens. AJ won't fight on if he loses the rematch, he would be a busted flush with £100m in the bank. It would be like Messi or Ronaldo playing for Forest Green Rovers, unless he has secretly being taking advice from Floyd Mayweather on how to lose Hundreds of millions as quick as possible he doesn't need to humiliate himself in non title fights. I can't see how any fighter who has been a champ can motivate to fight at a lower level if there is zero chance of another title and they aren't financially desperate.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I hope Dillian gets past Wallin and finally gets his shot.

I never used to be much of a fan but he's fought good men, repeatedly. I don't like this idea that Whyte needs to beat #2-10 in the division to "earn his shot".

Fury will win but Whyte is due his bite at the apple.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I'm a bit confused by all this, the claim from many sport fans if I've understood correctly is that Whyte faked an injury to get out of the Wallin fight and be able to challenge for the world heavyweight title next instead. But what I don't get is why do they and/or Whyte think that his title shot is imminent now?

Tyson Fury literally just defended the title, he doesn't have to defend it every 3 months, one defence a year is all he's required to make as champion unless something's changed since last time I checked? Do we know that the WBC will be requiring another title defence be made before October 2022 if Fury can't agree terms with Usyk (and AJ to step aside)?

·
Registered
12,742 Posts
I'm a bit confused by all this, the claim from many sport fans if I've understood correctly is that Whyte faked an injury to get out of the Wallin fight and be able to challenge for the world heavyweight title next instead. But what I don't get is why do they and/or Whyte think that his title shot is imminent now?

Tyson Fury literally just defended the title, he doesn't have to defend it every 3 months, one defence a year is all he's required to make as champion unless something's changed since last time I checked? Do we know that the WBC will be requiring another title defence be made before October 2022 if Fury can't agree terms with Usyk (and AJ to step aside)?
Fury has 30 days to make a unification fight or he has to face mandatory which is Whyte, AJ used his rematch clause so Fury has to face Whyte next

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Fury has 30 days to make a unification fight or he has to face mandatory which is Whyte, AJ used his rematch clause so Fury has to face Whyte next

I just read through it and what you wrote too so I am still convinced that even if the Whyte fight is ordered Fury will have a year to face him but the WBC statement says Fury has to fight him next and so I suppose unless he his inactive for a year he'll want to be getting on with the Whyte fight so that he can be available for the winner of the Usyk/Joshua rematch.

And so I guess if Whyte is busy with Wallin or worse, loses to him then the Fury fight might slip away in which case it's perfectly reasonable for Whyte to withdraw from the Wallin fight now, it's not only a loss he needs to be concerned about, if he gets cut or injured and can't fight Fury within a reasonable time Fury might be allowed to move on so withdrawing now makes sense, why is everyone outraged? He was about to fight Wallin so it's not fear or anything, it's just business.

·
Registered
13,227 Posts
And so I guess if Whyte is busy with Wallin or worse, loses to him then the Fury fight might slip away in which case it's perfectly reasonable for Whyte to withdraw from the Wallin fight now, it's not only a loss he needs to be concerned about, if he gets cut or injured and can't fight Fury within a reasonable time Fury might be allowed to move on so withdrawing now makes sense, why is everyone outraged? He was about to fight Wallin so it's not fear or anything, it's just business.
Are you serious?

He faked an injury so as to get out of a dangerous fight with a guy that most expert said would probably beat him. And he did so less than 2 weeks before the fight, after Wallin's team had done a full camp and made hotels plans etc, not to mention the fans that bought tickets and hotel reservations.

Whyte is a little bitch.

·
Registered
12,742 Posts
Are you serious?

He faked an injury so as to get out of a dangerous fight with a guy that most expert said would probably beat him. And he did so less than 2 weeks before the fight, after Wallin's team had done a full camp and made hotels plans etc, not to mention the fans that bought tickets and hotel reservations.

Whyte is a little bitch.
He did it to fight Fury so dont blame him I cant believe people are shocked we kind of all expected this, Fury probably told him be ready by December so a cut or a loss would have prevented it, im just happy Whyte can finally shutup about being mandatory so long

He turned down a Pulev final eliminator for an AJ fight and a Luis Ortiz final Eliminator to fight Wilder and instead fought Parker coming off a loss to AJ so I can't wait for him to be quiet about his world title shot after he loses

·
Registered
12,742 Posts
I just read through it and what you wrote too so I am still convinced that even if the Whyte fight is ordered Fury will have a year to face him but the WBC statement says Fury has to fight him next and so I suppose unless he his inactive for a year he'll want to be getting on with the Whyte fight so that he can be available for the winner of the Usyk/Joshua rematch.

Yeah Fury already said before the Wilder fight he wants Whyte in December in the UK so he has a rough schedule, if Whyte were to win and get a cut or something it would mess Fury's schedule and we know how Fury is he would probably make Whyte wait ages for the fight and then it would intefere with the Unification fight

·
Registered
13,227 Posts
Also -

The WBC evidently also said that if Fury either retires or fails to meet his obligations, they will give the belt back to Wilder.
(I know, but it's the WBC, after all. New home of Bridgerweight.)

Fury seems to have it pretty together these days, but you never know....

I think Wilder (esp now) would be an easier fight for Whyte. He has zero chance against Fury but a swarming-puncher's chance against whatever Wilder has left.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Also -

The WBC evidently also said that if Fury either retires or fails to meet his obligations, they will give the belt back to Wilder.
(I know, but it's the WBC, after all. New home of Bridgerweight.)

Fury seems to have it pretty together these days, but you never know....

I think Wilder (esp now) would be an easier fight for Whyte. He has zero chance against Fury but a swarming-puncher's chance against whatever Wilder has left.
I think Wilder is at the very worst a 50/50 shot against Whyte and that is on the basis Fury might have taken plenty out of him. The best Wilder knocks the best Whyte out IMO.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Are you serious?

Whyte is a little bitch.
The fans I feel for for sure but perhaps they'll be looked after in Whyte's next fight (discount/rebate or something if they booked hotels/flights for Wallin fight and can't get a refund). But withdrawing from a fight with Wallin in order to challenge for the world heavyweight crown instead draws no criticism from me in principal. He didn't withdraw because he's scared since nothing has happened between him sighing to fight and now apart from the WBC statement, it's not as if Wallin brutally KO'd someone and then Whyte said no thanks, he voluntarily signed to fight him and would have if not for this massive opportunity, the Fury fight is a better fight anyway so I'd expect only Team Wallin to have a problem with this.

121 - 140 of 181 Posts