• Dillian Whyte Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dillian Whyte Stoppage

Votes: 7 14.9%
161 - 180 of 234 Posts

·
delivering the truth
1,058 Posts
With the WBC awaiting their courtroom showdown with Whyte in March there has to be a real possibility Fury fights someone else.

Who could blame the WBC if they move Fury up to Franchise champion or Mega champion or Alpha champion or some other ridiculous status and leave Whyte to fight some chump for peanuts for the vacant regular title?

·
delivering the truth
1,058 Posts
Eddie Hearn now claiming Frank Warren is “not doing a good job” on behalf of Tyson Fury by not trying to negotiate a rematch clause in potential bout with Dillian Whyte.

Will Hearn ever stop sticking his nose in other people's business?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Eddie Hearn now claiming Frank Warren is “not doing a good job” on behalf of Tyson Fury by not trying to negotiate a rematch clause in potential bout with Dillian Whyte.

Will Hearn ever stop sticking his nose in other people's business?
He's just doing his job and trying to secure Whyte what he secured for Joshua, Joshua would have been back at the O2 if he hadn't but thanks to ReMatchroom's aggressive and unsavoury negotiation tactics the cash cow has a second opportunity. He's not bothered if Fury doesn't have a rematch clause but he knows that if Fury doesn't then he can't sort one for Whyte either so now he wants a rematch clause both sides so that we can get bogged down in more nonsense and distraction from the undisputed fight (imagine trying to get your belt-less challenger a rematch clause, it's shameless)

But I watched a FW interview where he addressed those comments from Hearn and he said he (FW that is) isn't interested in any rematch clause, he wants Fury to handle business against DW and then move on to face Usyk or Joshua and he said his preference is Joshua because it'd be an all-British affair. He didn't mention the money but I'll say it for him, the bag is better with Joshua.

·
delivering the truth
1,058 Posts
He's just doing his job and trying to secure Whyte what he secured for Joshua, Joshua would have been back at the O2 if he hadn't but thanks to ReMatchroom's aggressive and unsavoury negotiation tactics the cash cow has a second opportunity. He's not bothered if Fury doesn't have a rematch clause but he knows that if Fury doesn't then he can't sort one for Whyte either so now he wants a rematch clause both sides so that we can get bogged down in more nonsense and distraction from the undisputed fight (imagine trying to get your belt-less challenger a rematch clause, it's shameless)

But I watched a FW interview where he addressed those comments from Hearn and he said he (FW that is) isn't interested in any rematch clause, he wants Fury to handle business against DW and then move on to face Usyk or Joshua and he said his preference is Joshua because it'd be an all-British affair. He didn't mention the money but I'll say it for him, the bag is better with Joshua.
If Whyte happened to fight and beat Fury his next target should then be Usyk and all the belts. A rematch clause would only get in the way of that. Just like Whyte is currently getting in the way of Fury fighting for all the belts now.

·
Fighting the Fury loving Scum
1,530 Posts

People are always complaining but EH doing his job which is the best terms for his fighters. Everyone here doesn't like it because you think Fury should just be handed all the belts and $100m a week just because you worship the wanker. I doubt a Rematch clause would be viable really but Warren is fucking stupid not to have a clause in there for Fury as the champion, it is basic business sense. It will be hilarious if DW KO's that idiot and then he gets to fight Usyk/AJ for Undisputed while Fury has to fight Wilder for the 400th time for the WBU belt! 🤣

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
If Whyte happened to fight and beat Fury his next target should then be Usyk and all the belts. A rematch clause would only get in the way of that.
Yeah you're right, but Hearn doesn't think Whyte will win over 12 so he's trying to get him a double payday and up to 24 rounds to try before letting Fury move on. If he had confidence in Whyte he wouldn't want a rematch clause.

People are always complaining but EH doing his job which is the best terms for his fighters. I doubt a Rematch clause would be viable really but Warren is fucking stupid not to have a clause in there for Fury as the champion, it is basic business sense.
Yes Hearn is doing his job for Whyte but as a fan and spectator who wants to see the undisputed fight at some point in our lifetime, it's extremely irritating that all of these obstacles keep popping up (or would be if Team Fury were on board, thankfully they don't seem to be).

FW saying no rematch clause if true/sticks is the best thing for anyone who wants to see undisputed asap because DW is his mandatory so Hearn will only let Fury have a rematch clause if he gets the same for DW which means regardless of who wins we'll have to see it again immediately or large step aside money will need to be found, we're tired of this merry-go-round. Thankfully the champion seems secure enough to not be worried about the possibility of losing, he feels he's the number 1 guy at the class and so there's no chance of any upset, that's a refreshing attitude if you ask me.

·
1,530 Posts
FW saying no rematch clause if true/sticks is the best thing for anyone who wants to see undisputed asap because DW is his mandatory so Hearn will only let Fury have a rematch clause if he gets the same for DW which means regardless of who wins we'll have to see it again immediately or large step aside money will need to be found, we're tired of this merry-go-round. Thankfully the champion seems secure enough to not be worried about the possibility of losing, he feels he's the number 1 guy at the class and so there's no chance of any upset, that's a refreshing attitude if you ask me.
Well I understand people want to see the Undisputed fight, but that doesn't change that it is bad business practise on FW side not protecting his fighter? How come EH can get rematch clauses for his fighters and the people he fights don't have them? Is that just EH being a better promoter. Surely as the Champ you get to ask for that and not as challenger? Fury is just an arrogant wanker who thinks he can never lose, really hopes it backfires on him and then the rest of the division freeze him out. Pride comes before a fall.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Well I understand people want to see the Undisputed fight, but that doesn't change that it is bad business practise on FW side not protecting his fighter? How come EH can get rematch clauses for his fighters and the people he fights don't have them? Is that just EH being a better promoter. Surely as the Champ you get to ask for that and not as challenger? Fury is just an arrogant wanker who thinks he can never lose, really hopes it backfires on him and then the rest of the division freeze him out. Pride comes before a fall.
But FW may have tried to get a rematch clause for Fury and then EH said "OK as long as we get one too" and then FW said no forget it then and then EH ran to the media to tell the world that FW isn't doing a good job for his fighter in a last ditch attempt to get DW that rematch clause. It's a possibility because otherwise why does he need to tell the media that FW isn't negotiating a one-way rematch clause, what's it to him?

But I'd say the reason EH gets people like Usyk and Pulev to sign one-way rematch clauses is he can offer more money but if that isn't enough then we've seen he gets nasty and starts threatening to have his fighter vacate the title, those are the tactics he uses to get his own way.

·
1,530 Posts
But FW may have tried to get a rematch clause for Fury and then EH said "OK as long as we get one too" and then FW said no forget it then and then EH ran to the media to tell the world that FW isn't doing a good job for his fighter in a last ditch attempt to get DW that rematch clause. It's a possibility because otherwise why does he need to tell the media that FW isn't negotiating a one-way rematch clause, what's it to him?

But I'd say the reason EH gets people like Usyk and Pulev to sign one-way rematch clauses is he can offer more money but if that isn't enough then we've seen he gets nasty and starts threatening to have his fighter vacate the title, those are the tactics he uses to get his own way.
Well it seems odd to me whatever that EH manages it without having to reciprocate but FW can't. If those tactics work surely every promoter should be using them?

·
delivering the truth
1,058 Posts
80/20 split confirmed
Purse bid January 11th
Whyte's chance to prove he really wants a title shot as much as he claims he does

You are in a dilemma now @Ar558a . You read all my posts. We all know that but you continue to pretend you have me on ignore. So you will have to try and pretend you read this latest information somewhere else in order to save face. But if you post it directly below it is going to stick out like a sore thumb

Big dilemma Princess. HUGE

·
delivering the truth
1,058 Posts
Hearn saying they will appeal the 20/80 split.

How many times have we heard Hearn argue in AJ's favour arguing that his opponent 'will make a career high payday' and 'so why doesn't he just accept it and sign the contract.'

161 - 180 of 234 Posts