Boxing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,622 Posts

Well expect to see a lot of fake grudge angry press conferences. And John Fury challenging Chisora to a street fight. To sell the fight to casuals.

We saw the grounds being layed after Joyce vs Parker fight. 2 weeks ago.

·
just loving boxing
361 Posts
Fury and AJ will both now partake in organized mismatches after they failed to get set to fight each other. Fury is just getting a fight in before meeting Usyk in Feb/March for all the belts and AJ is just looking for a confidence booster.

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
If we hadn't seen it twice already and it wasn't one-sided then I wouldn't mind it as a keep busy fight. He's entitled to a voluntary after knocking Whyte out last time round I just wish it was someone new like Sanchez who's been patiently waiting whilst winning or if not someone new do the Wallin rematch. WBC updated yesterday and Chisora down 1 place to 14, Ajagba out altogether now.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
This is fine given the notice, it'll be a fun event. And Hearn misses out on the AJ-Fury money, especially with Fury-Usyk likely to be next anyway. With only one fight in a year or something for Fury I totally get him wanting another fight this year. He seems at his personal best when he's active. Will be a fun if predictable event. Early Christmas present!

·
Super Moderator
13,476 Posts
There's nothing new in that suggestion. Have been hearing for a while that Wilder-Ruiz is close enough to a certainty provided Wilder beats Helenius.
I didn't know it was considered a lock, that's why nice to hear Warren "confirm" it.
- Though I guess he wouldn't exactly be the authority on this one. Still, he has insider info, so it adds some substance to the thing.

BTW - Who the heck promotes Andy these days. PBC?

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
I didn't know it was considered a lock, that's why nice to hear Warren "confirm" it.
- Though I guess he wouldn't exactly be the authority on this one. Still, he has insider info, so it adds some substance to the thing.

BTW - Who the heck promotes Andy these days. PBC?
Wilder and Ruiz jr are both promoted by PBC.

This fight has been mentioned since before Ruiz jr vs Ortiz. All the media have been reporting it since that the PBC plan was for the winner of Ruiz vs Ortiz to fight the winner of Wilder vs Helenius.
In fact it’s been mentioned so much and written about so much that the only surprise is that you are hearing it for the first time.

Warren does not have inside info this proposed fight was already in the public domain. Andy Ruiz jr himself mentioned it weeks ago.

Reactions: Philly Shell

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Although Wilders trainer Malik Scott has stated in recent days that he is not interested in Wilder fighting Andy Ruiz jr. They want AJ or Usyk next. They might try to dodge Andy Ruiz jr, interestingly Wilder himself has avoided mentioning Ruiz jr.

Has mainly talked of AJ , Usyk and a fourth fight with Fury.

Impression I am getting from Malik Scott is they consider Ruiz jr a potential a loss to him means they lose out on the other three fights.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Reactions: Philly Shell

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
It's not the fight we want to see but I can't begrudge Chisora an opportunity, in his career (which has seemingly been going on forever) he's only had 1 opportunity at the world title and that must be at least 10 years ago now, he's lost a bunch of fights since but securing his 14th spot in the rankings with his last result makes him perfectly eligible for this fight with Fury. The champion is entitled to this voluntary defence, I'm glad it's against another Brit if it is indeed CHisora he announces as his next opponent.

As long as he names Usyk next or does his best to make that.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Seems to be a backlash on Social media against this trilogy getting made. They are going to need Derek Chisora and John Fury to do something crazy at the press conferences to sell this fight. Otherwise it might end up a flop at the box office.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts