Boxing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
3,133 Posts
Sounds like the kind of boxer Fury/Hennessy is aiming for. Well known and carries zero threat. Terrible fight. James Toney should retire. Tyson Fury should man the fuck up and fight Price.

It's a shame Fury is fighting safe opponents now because he impressively stepped up the competition early in his career. The record of his first 15 fights is damn solid, especially when you consider how young Fury is and his lack of amateur pedigree.

· Registered
4,724 Posts
This would be an absolutely disgraceful fight.

I'm fully expecting it to happen however.
This. Fat Mick is going to maximise his earnings and minimise his risks with Tyson as much as possible. Although I wonder if Joe Public could swallow this as a legit contest purely because of the size difference. I know he's busy but someone like sosnowski, who is a big buff ticket seller who doesn't threaten too much makes more sense.

· Registered
4,088 Posts
Toney cannot get a BBBofC license as he is over 40 with no title.
That might make it even worse news, they could do it overseas and Mick can sell it as Tyson proving how heroic he is by giving up home advantage.

Or, does the over-40 thing apply in Ireland?

Either way, a terrible fight and another stain on Toney's legacy... but I do think that they will make it.

· Registered
452 Posts
I love how Toney still manages to keep himself kind of relevant :lol:
totally agree, Toney is past it!

And, whilst on paper it looks like a shit fight! The casual channel 5 fans would lap it up and so long as Chris Eubank Jnr or Kid Galahad were on the undercard. it's quite marketable and makes sense for everyone concerned :lol:

I'm not a casual fan but I'd still watch it if it were to happen and DIDN'T CLASH with serious boxing fights.

· Registered
46 Posts
Sounds like the kind of boxer Fury/Hennessy is aiming for. Well known and carries zero threat. Terrible fight. James Toney should retire. Tyson Fury should man the fuck up and fight Price.

It's a shame Fury is fighting safe opponents now because he impressively stepped up the competition early in his career. The record of his first 15 fights is damn solid, especially when you consider how young Fury is and his lack of amateur pedigree.
He fights for a living, I don't think you have the right to tell him, or any boxer to man up.

· Registered
3,006 Posts
1 Down, 11 to go!

WealthTV secures Live Telecast for Twelve World-Class Boxing Events with Hennessy Sports and GYM Promotions

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...essy-sports-and-gym-promotions-165396516.html

According to Robert Herring, CEO of WealthTV, "We're dedicated to featuring the best boxers from around the world for our viewers. As we ramp-up, we anticipate airing 20 to 30 live events in 2013. Hennessy Sports is allowing us to deliver on that promise.":deal

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.