Boxing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
Can't really blame the guy. They are both BIG money fights with the titles and money against Fury and risking his titles against Wilder, but in my opinion, the easier fight of the two.

I can see Usyk beating Wilder with his boxing skills and Wilder has proven to be short on stamina as the fights wear on and not exactly hard to hit with his lack of fundamental boxing ability.

I can see Fury just walking the guy down and using his massive size to dominate. I really don't think Usyk has the power to hurt the Gypsy King. I can see a long, frustrating night for Usyk for as long as it lasts against Fury.

·
Registered
13,411 Posts
^ Spot on.

Usyk should try to fight Wilder first, since that's a very winnable fight. Then Fury, and then maybe retire, win or lose.

-----------------------

But it begs the obvious question: Who would Fury fight in the meantime?
I love to see him take on Anderson, but I won't hold my breath.....

Maybe Not-So-Fat Andy, if Ruiz gets a showy KO today?

Surely not Ortiz, even if he takes out Andy. (The guy who lost to the guy ....

Helenius, if he catches Wilder. (Definitely within the realm of possibility.)

Joyce, Sanchez, Big Mak, all good fights, but the risk-reward ratio doesn't work.

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
^ Spot on.

Usyk should try to fight Wilder first, since that's a very winnable fight. Then Fury, and then maybe retire, win or lose.

-----------------------

But it begs the obvious question: Who would Fury fight in the meantime?
I love to see him take on Anderson, but I won't hold my breath.....

Maybe Not-So-Fat Andy, if Ruiz gets a showy KO today?

Surely not Ortiz, even if he takes out Andy. (The guy who lost to the guy ....

Helenius, if he catches Wilder. (Definitely within the realm of possibility.)

Joyce, Sanchez, Big Mak, all good fights, but the risk-reward ratio doesn't work.

Totally agree, fight Wilder first since that is the most winnable fight for him, and the money would be pretty good for his bank account. With what the top guys make now, all they really need is 4-5 title fights to be set for life if they plan right.

My problem with Ruiz is he's already shown he can be outboxed when he and Joshua met in the 2nd fight. He was hopelessly outclassed, but it didn't help he came in at 283 lbs., a few Happy Meals shy of 300 lbs. for the rematch. He would definitely have to come in at the lightest of his career, or damn close to it to fight Usyk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts