Boxing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No shame in losing to the best heavyweight on the planet but Deontay Wilder now has to rebuild.

Shelley Finckel says Wilder's next opponent will likely be named next week. Wonder who they have in mind?

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
They'll probably put him in with some stiff he can KO before the 8th round. He's too old and set in his ways to change his style of fighting, so it will be more of the same-------walk the opponent down and hope to land that right hand for the stoppage.

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
They'll probably put him in with some stiff he can KO before the 8th round. He's too old and set in his ways to change his style of fighting, so it will be more of the same-------walk the opponent down and hope to land that right hand for the stoppage.
Yes he will do that to Helenius, Andy Ruiz and Whyte if they fight, apart from Fury and Usyk Wilder will spark out the rest of the division in under 8 rounds

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
Yes he will do that to Helenius, Andy Ruiz and Whyte if they fight, apart from Fury and Usyk Wilder will spark out the rest of the division in under 8 rounds

Out of the 3 you mentioned, I can see Ruiz giving Wilder a good test. He showed he can take a hell of a punch and recover when he fought AJ the first time and for a big guy, has pretty good movement and boxing skills.

He also has the power to make fighters step in post holes when he connects, and Wilder is not hard to connect with.

·
Registered
187 Posts
They're not.

Sure, he has relatively skinny legs, but that photo is clearly photoshopped.
Do you think he has size 5 shoes?
Do you think knees and ankles that thin could support 220 lbs and not snap?

There are lots of these altered photos online. Haterz gonna' hate.
I thought it was too when I saw it on a Facebook boxing page. But I looked for the original picture and it was posted by Badou Jack.

Pretty sure he ain't photoshopping his buddies legs....

·
Registered
187 Posts
They're not.

Sure, he has relatively skinny legs, but that photo is clearly photoshopped.
Do you think he has size 5 shoes?
Do you think knees and ankles that thin could support 220 lbs and not snap?

There are lots of these altered photos online. Haterz gonna' hate.
With Michael Hunter:
Joint Shorts Chin Shoe Shoulder

Sickingly thin legs.

And here is the original post from Hunter's Instagram

http://instagr.am/p/CgzseBAP6sM/

I know it's hard to believe but that's him...

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
With Michael Hunter:
View attachment 22198

Sickingly thin legs.

Manny Pacquaio has bigger legs than Wilder. Definitely has much bigger calves for sure.

In an earlier post I said Ruiz would give him a good go. Thinking about it, I say Ruiz starches him if he comes into the fight in the same shape he did against AJ in their first fight.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That right hand had destroyed opponent after opponent including oh so nearly Fury in the 12th round of their first fight.

Not sure what effect the Fury losses will have had on Wilder but the best version of Wilder beats everyone bar the absolute elite.

·
Registered
13,411 Posts
With Michael Hunter:
View attachment 22198

Sickingly thin legs.

I don't know why / how Hunter's instagram would have been altered, but that's also clearly photoshopped. Just look at stills from any Wilder fight. Look at the size of Widler's feet in this photo. They're smaller than his hands.
That just doesn't happen in nature.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
That right hand had destroyed opponent after opponent including oh so nearly Fury in the 12th round of their first fight.

Not sure what effect the Fury losses will have had on Wilder but the best version of Wilder beats everyone bar the absolute elite.
That's exactly right and don't forget the 4th round (I think it was) of their last fight, Fury down twice the second time he looked as if he couldn't and wouldn't go on, Wilder vs anyone else in the division starts as favourite

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
I don't know why / how Hunter's instagram would have been altered, but that's also clearly photoshopped. Just look at stills from any Wilder fight. Look at the size of Widler's feet in this photo. They're smaller than his hands.
That just doesn't happen in nature.
We did discuss Wilders skinny legs in previously here Strange case of Wilders skinny legs Personally don’t see much difference to video posted there.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
With Wilder's apparent weight loss, is he planning on going down a division?

View attachment 22202
Was it Oct 2021 when he fought Fury the last time? Because Coach Scott had him come in at a career heaviest for that one so if that picture is around the time he fought Fury then today he's probably just gone back down to his usual weight so he should be good to resume knocking guys out in the heavyweight division

·
just loving boxing
318 Posts
Was it Oct 2021 when he fought Fury the last time? Because Coach Scott had him come in at a career heaviest for that one so if that picture is around the time he fought Fury then today he's probably just gone back down to his usual weight so he should be good to resume knocking guys out in the heavyweight division
Yes, it was Oct 2021 when he fought Fury the last time and he weighed in at 238 pounds.

The picture below is from March 2018 when Wilder weighed in at 214¾ pounds against Ortiz.

In the most recent pictures, Wilder looks a lot lighter than he did at 214¾ pounds against Ortiz.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hearing Fury has vacated the WBC title. This leaves Wilder the #1 contender in one corner for the vacant belt, and the other corner not quite so clear. Will it be the winner of Joe Joyce and Parker?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Hearing Fury has vacated the WBC title. This leaves Wilder the #1 contender in one corner for the vacant belt, and the other corner not quite so clear. Will it be the winner of Joe Joyce and Parker?
If it is free, I dunno how Wilder is #1 he lost his last two fights, surely he needs a couple of wins. Shows how biased the WBC is. Surely they want the winner of Usyk v Joshua, I'm sure they can charge higher fees for undisputed?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts