Boxing Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
If it is free, I dunno how Wilder is #1 he lost his last two fights, surely he needs a couple of wins. Shows how biased the WBC is. Surely they want the winner of Usyk v Joshua, I'm sure they can charge higher fees for undisputed?
Because he lost to the person who is (or was at the time the rankings were last updated) the WBC champion. So if the rankings before the trilogy was C.Fury, 1.Wilder, 2.Ortiz, after the trilogy why should he drop below Ortiz right? Ortiz didn't beat him and you can replace Ortiz with Ruiz Jr (since Wilder KO'd Ortiz twice) and the logic would hold, what did Ruiz Jr do that he should go above Wilder if you see my point

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
That makes no sense, Wilder beat a load of shite when he was Champ they weren't considered #1, this is more pro Fury BS, like losing to him actually increases you rep because sun shines out of his arse. Losing to any other champ would lose you #1 and even more if happened twice in a row. Double standards created by Fury Fanboys.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
That makes no sense, Wilder beat a load of shite when he was Champ they weren't considered #1, this is more pro Fury BS, like losing to him actually increases you rep because sun shines out of his arse. Losing to any other champ would lose you #1 and even more if happened twice in a row. Double standards created by Fury Fanboys.
Is everyone who doesn't hate Fury a Fury Fanboy? If you wanna have a cordial discussion let me know, I haven't got time for silly name calling and all that (y)

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If it is free, I dunno how Wilder is #1 he lost his last two fights, surely he needs a couple of wins. Shows how biased the WBC is. Surely they want the winner of Usyk v Joshua, I'm sure they can charge higher fees for undisputed?
You dunno? You dunno much at all. That much everybody knows.

Fact is Wilder is #1 contender, has been for ages and as such he will be in one corner in the fight to decide the new champion.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Is everyone who doesn't hate Fury a Fury Fanboy? If you wanna have a cordial discussion let me know, I haven't got time for silly name calling and all that (y)
Read what is written directly under the clown's avatar. He aint capable of a cordial discussion and as soon as things divert from his perverted narrative name calling is all he's got.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Read what is written directly under the clown's avatar. He aint capable of a cordial discussion and as soon as things divert from his perverted narrative name calling is all he's got.
It makes it difficult to have a free exchange of opinion if the response is to directly or indirectly call someone with a different view a fanboy, I don't see why it needs to come to that, just say why you disagree or ask for clarification on what is meant by a comment etc and then you go back and forth and agree to disagree if needs be.

No wonder there's only like 5 of us bothering to post here these days, anyway I too heard the news that Fury has vacated, so if he fights Chisora now I've got no problem with that, so long as the belt is free I don't care who he fights, if it's on PPV I won't buy it but I'll watch it if it's on regular BT Sport

·
Registered
12,619 Posts

If you follow boxing, you know the alphabet soup that constitutes the governing bodies like to make up their own rules as they go. Over the years they have put guys deep into the top 10 to make a fight when a week before nobody ever heard of them. The people who run these organizations are crooked as hell and are easily bought by promoters to get their fighters in the ring for a chance at a title.

How much money do you think guys like Bob Arum and Don King have dumped in the laps of the heads of the WBC, WBA, WBF and any other ABC/XYZ president to get their fighters moved up in the rankings???? I know I'd like to have that in my bank account about now.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
You dunno? You dunno much at all. That much everybody knows.

Fact is Wilder is #1 contender, has been for ages and as such he will be in one corner in the fight to decide the new champion.
WBC can clearly appoint whoever they like as their #1 they are a private body but justifying giving someone with very limited Boxing ability who has lost twice to an overrated Champion the #1 position is just excuse making and you only make those excuses because of your completely biased view of Fury.

No but anyone who justifies the guy who lost to him TWICE being given the #1 slot which would not be afforded to any other Boxer is either, Bias towards Fury suggesting that he is "so good " that losing to him shouldnt count against you, or bias towards Wilder to just hand him a undeserved position given his widely accepted flaws as a boxer .

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
They did, and if you were better informed you would have known it was Wilder and has been since he lost his title to Fury.

Bursting into tears and calling people names every time something happens that doesn't suit you is no way to live.
How is that any justification? You don't actually respond to my point because you know there is no good answer.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Obviously the winner of Usyk v AJ!
Neither Usyk nor AJ are even rated in the WBC's top 15.

You really haven't got the slightest clue, have you?

As you have to be spoon fed everything, here is the WBC top 15 :

1 Deontay Wilder
2 Joe Joyce
3 Joseph Parker
4 Frank Sanchez
5 Andy Ruiz
6 Arslanbek Makhmudov
7 Dillian Whyte
8 Luis Ortiz
9 Robert Helenius
10 Otto Wallin
11Martin Bakole
12Zhan Kossobutskiy
13 Michael Hunter
14 Filip Hrgovic
15 Derek Chisora

·
Registered
13,406 Posts
Maybe now it will be Wilder vs Helenius, Joyce vs Parker, and then those two winners vs each other for a shot at Fury.

That would be pretty epic, if Fury doesn't retire again.

No wait, that would probably mean Wilder vs Fury IV, and no one wants to see THAT.

How could this work out to result in Wilder vs Usyk? That's a fight I'd pay to see !

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Maybe now it will be Wilder vs Helenius, Joyce vs Parker, and then those two winners vs each other for a shot at Fury.

That would be pretty epic, if Fury doesn't retire again.

No wait, that would probably mean Wilder vs Fury IV, and no one wants to see THAT.

How could this work out to result in Wilder vs Usyk? That's a fight I'd pay to see !
Absolutely no way Fury fights any of these guys, he might fight Usyk but even then only if they meet ridiculously biased demands. So IF that fight happens and he wins he retires, if he loses he will have a rematch clause and he retires after the second fight win or lose. I guess if the winners of these two fights manage to agree a fight next summer they might be able to fight for a vacant belt assuming the Fury v Usyk fights happen in Dec and if needed MAy/Jun 23 , then if the winners fought in Aug/Sep it could be for the belt otherwise they will have to wait or the winner will be upgraded to champ after Fury retires or get to challenge Usyk.

·
Registered
13,406 Posts
Absolutely no way Fury fights any of these guys, he might fight Usyk but even then only if they meet ridiculously biased demands. So IF that fight happens and he wins he retires, if he loses he will have a rematch clause and he retires after the second fight win or lose.
Yeah, that's a good point.

But if those four end up fighting for the vacant WBC title, and somehow the end-winner wasn't Wilder, I wouldn't be surprised if Fury came out of retirement once again.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts