Boxing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
delivering the truth
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bob Arum says that he has received dispensation from WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman for Tyson Fury to have a non-title fight in March.

“We’ve talked to the head of the WBC, Mauricio Sulaiman and he said, ‘Look, it breaks my heart, but go find another opponent, fight without the WBC title, and we’re not going to take it away from you and go about your business.’

Arum has named WBC #3 Andy Ruiz Jr. (34-2, 22 KO) and WBC #13 Robert Helenius (31-3, 20 KO) as potential opponents for Fury.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
If its Helenius this fight needs to be boycotted, yes he beat Kownacki but hes lost to Whyte and got KO'd by Gerald Washington

Theres a big leap in skill between Helenius and Ruiz but maybe Ruiz is abit risky before the Usyk fight

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
That would be funny if Usyk beats AJ again and then Fury fights Ruiz, for the whole build up they will just be showing Ruiz beating AJ up they wont even mention the rematch lol AJ's in for a hard year

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Bob Arum says that he has received dispensation from WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman for Tyson Fury to have a non-title fight in March.

“We’ve talked to the head of the WBC, Mauricio Sulaiman and he said, ‘Look, it breaks my heart, but go find another opponent, fight without the WBC title, and we’re not going to take it away from you and go about your business.’

Arum has named WBC #3 Andy Ruiz Jr. (34-2, 22 KO) and WBC #13 Robert Helenius (31-3, 20 KO) as potential opponents for Fury.
So what's he going through the WBC top 15 for then? He can fight anyone he wants so why doesn't he give Chisora another pasting since he likes him makes sense to give him the payday also and it's an all British affair.

You don't have a run out against the guy who ended Joshua's unbeaten record, I'd like to see him in a 10 rounder against Del Boy, Allen, Sokolowski, or Helenius will be fine too but not the Destroyer

·
delivering the truth
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So what's he going through the WBC top 15 for then? He can fight anyone he wants so why doesn't he give Chisora another pasting since he likes him makes sense to give him the payday also and it's an all British affair.

You don't have a run out against the guy who ended Joshua's unbeaten record, I'd like to see him in a 10 rounder against Del Boy, Allen, Sokolowski, or Helenius will be fine too but not the Destroyer
Who is going to pay to see Chisora get beat up again? Or any of the other names you mentioned?

I would be very happy with Fury-Ruiz. A good fight and it ticks so many boxes too.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Who is going to pay to see Chisora get beat up again? Or any of the other names you mentioned?

I would be very happy with Fury-Ruiz. A good fight and it ticks so many boxes too.
You mean pay as in attend the venue right? Because we can't be talking about PPV this doesn't need to be PPV at all it's just a tick over before the mandatory. I wouldn't even mind if the fight was the co-main, as I said, 10 rounds or less, stick it on an undercard then you won't need to worry about people not paying to attend but we can't have any upsets here, I know Fury is the best in the world but there's no logical reason to take on anyone risky at this point, Dillian Whyte will provide all the risk we want to see

·
delivering the truth
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You mean pay as in attend the venue right? Because we can't be talking about PPV this doesn't need to be PPV at all it's just a tick over before the mandatory. I wouldn't even mind if the fight was the co-main, as I said, 10 rounds or less, stick it on an undercard then you won't need to worry about people not paying to attend but we can't have any upsets here, I know Fury is the best in the world but there's no logical reason to take on anyone risky at this point, Dillian Whyte will provide all the risk we want to see
Fury-Ruiz will be PPV. Bet your life on that. It is the best option from every perspective.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts