Boxing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4,650 Posts

· Registered
14,419 Posts
I can't say for sure, but the way he fell off screams that he might have been living the good life too much. He used to be a very disciplined fighter, then he just fell off a cliff. I hope he gets the help he needs.

· The World's Great Lover
34,385 Posts
I can't say for sure, but the way he fell off screams that he might have been living the good life too much. He used to be a very disciplined fighter, then he just fell off a cliff. I hope he gets the help he needs.
You think?
I figured he just grew out of his best weight class due to age and its hard for him to compete when he can't drain down to 154 for his skill level

· Registered
4,650 Posts
You think?
I figured he just grew out of his best weight class due to age and its hard for him to compete when he can't drain down to 154 for his skill level
Well according to his Insta account. The death of his father a couple of years ago had a bad effect on him he needed time to grieve.

He has also spent that last couple of years setting up businesses. And he moved out of his parents home three years ago and has a family of his own.

He also stated himself that his style was too one dimensional and he needed to improve.

All in all he seems pretty level headed guy. But what is also clear is boxing is not his passion it was his fathers.

Reactions: Philly Shell

34,385 Posts
Well according to his Insta account. The death of his father a couple of years ago had a bad effect on him he needed time to grieve.

He has also spent that last couple of years setting up businesses. And he moved out of his parents home three years ago and has a family of his own.

He also stated himself that his style was too one dimensional and he needed to improve.

All in all he seems pretty level headed guy. But what is also clear is boxing is not his passion it was his fathers.
If that is true, it makes sense.
I won't knock him at all.

34,385 Posts
I still think he might have substantial abuse issues. Same as Omar Figueroa.
What have you seen, just his weight or have there been more stories?

· Registered
14,419 Posts
What have you seen, just his weight or have there been more stories?
I haven't seen any stories, but he's a Maryland ninja. The simple fact that he just fell off the way he did, and the losses he has had just spells a degradation of skill by something other than natural circumstances. He should be able to beat Jay-Rock, then he gets owned by Arias. . There is no way he should have lost to Arias. If it's the weight, then he should move up, but I think he has a fight with Ugas next at 154. He has actually taken some punishment in his short time at at the top, so he might have just gotten the will-to-win beaten out of him.

· Registered
4,650 Posts
I haven't seen any stories, but he's a Maryland ninja. The simple fact that he just fell off the way he did, and the losses he has had just spells a degradation of skill by something other than natural circumstances. He should be able to beat Jay-Rock, then he gets owned by Arias. . There is no way he should have lost to Arias. If it's the weight, then he should move up, but I think he has a fight with Ugas next at 154. He has actually taken some punishment in his short time at at the top, so he might have just gotten the will-to-win beaten out of him.
Well he is a limited fighter with no real skill set. Except using his size advantage to bully smaller fighters.
He was a super middleweight who was fighting at 154lbs.
All that weight cutting must damage the body over time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts