Boxing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 316 Posts

·
No
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
23/04/2005 for me. I remember it because it was a mate's birthday. I was ManassaMauler, then M.M, then just Manassa. I like that I've been here a long time, been conversing with some posters for over nine years now, that's crazy. I remember being in the little chat thing they had for Hatton-Tszyu, Tyson-McBride etc., was buzzing back then. Not that I'm celebrating that forum because it's a pile of wank now.

There are people who joined before me though, @Strike, @scurlaruntings, @Haggis and @Kolya all joined before 2004 I think, as well as some others. Can't remember when ESB first started up, I thought it was 2001 or something but I wasn't even into boxing then.

Best memory for me might be GABBY-gate. Seeing Megan on television was mind blowing :lol:

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
2010. I was (and still am) WarpedDesign on ESB. Loads of great threads in that time. A few that spring to mind: the one with that northern racist guy that lead to everybody creating muslim Facebook accounts, the reverse-paedo baiting thread (which actually involved just being a paedo), the naughty forty, trolling caste football, the POF trolling thread, when Jeff (the boxer) exposed that troll as a skinny, geeky little undergraduate and also the cake nonce.

I love CHB, but I don't think we've had any threads of that quality on here.

·
as heard on radio soulwax
8,528 Posts
Started lurking on ESB in 2006, finally signed up and started posting in the general in 2008. Didn't post in the ESB lounge until 2009. Then joined here in 2012, but didn't start posting here proper until 2013.

·
No
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pretty sure it was November 2006. Same handle I have now. I went through a few different ones over there due to banning and the like. El Bujia was the other SN I actually stayed with.
Always rated you in the Classic section as El Bujia, solid poster. That's the only thing I miss from ESB, maybe I'll put some time into the one over here soon.

·
Old Style New
4,316 Posts
Late 2003; Rattler (then & now); squatdog... Mankind rainbow avy epidemic... frog jenkins is a pedo thread... tearing younghypnoqtip a new one in the picture thread... Eric from MySpace... John Garfield... talking baseball with BoBo... can't think of anything else at the moment.

·
No
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Late 2003; Rattler (then & now); squatdog... Mankind rainbow avy epidemic... frog jenkins is a pedo thread... tearing younghypnoqtip a new one in the picture thread... Eric from MySpace... John Garfield... talking baseball with BoBo... can't think of anything else at the moment.
Shit yeah, younghypnotiq :lol:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Joined ESB in '09. My very first thread was in September, and was regarding the Pacquiao-Cotto fight. Guys who posted in that thread, and are here on CHB...

@Sweet Pea
Despite his size disadvantage, I still favor Pacquiao because of his much more formidable tools. Cotto is a good, solid fighter with no stand-out attributes and a leaky defense. Pacquiao is ever-improving technically, and has some of the most impressive singular capabilities of any fighter alive. I think his overwhelming offense, combined with his more than adequate defense (which is actually more sound than Cotto's IMO) and technical skills will eventually take its toll on Cotto down the stretch.

Pacquiao, as I've said over and over, is a physical marvel in how well he's able to adapt and succeed at such a wide variety of weight classes. Not neccessarily a fighter I'd favor over the best at any particular weight, but one capable of beating a lot of top fighters regardless of size. Truly a pound for pound warrior, though not neccessarily the best boxer in the truest sense of the word.

In that I mean he's more capable of performing admirably at different weights than a lot of his foes or past contempararies, but I wouldn't neccessarily favor him over them at their best. Regardless of weight, he still has flaws that are capable of being exposed by the best technicians, provided they're not being fought to their disadvantage. I do believe he'd be capable of testing the very best moreso than I used to to believe, though. His ability to continuously improve is what puts him in the highest stead for me in an all time sense. A truly great fighter (better than I ever thought him capable of being, admitedly), and I think he'll prove it conclusively against Cotto.
@DobyZhee
hatton was bigger, hatton was stronger...we all know what happened.
Best memory is the whole GG thing. That shit was so entertaining.

·
Banned
594 Posts
Hey, I remember Manassa now. When Steven Seagal used to be my favorite actor and martial artist, and I pretty much only liked to use eye gouging moves, he told me that facing someone who has some boxing skills would be too much for me to handle. Maybe back then, before I knew about Mas Oyama and Sonny Chiba and Kyokushin Karate. I have 5 years experience in Kyokushin and I can beat a boxer with the same amount of experience as me .

·
No
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey, I remember Manassa now. When Steven Seagal used to be my favorite actor and martial artist, and I pretty much only liked to use eye gouging moves, he told me that facing someone who has some boxing skills would be too much for me to handle. Maybe back then, before I knew about Mas Oyama and Sonny Chiba and Kyokushin Karate. I have 5 years experience in Kyokushin and I can beat a boxer with the same amount of experience as me .
I hope you're right pal. I think you should probably organise a fair fight with a decent boxer to test your skills.

·
Banned
594 Posts
I could just go to that MMA gym where I just do drop ins for grappling training. Every time, I wear a red Kyokushin Karate t-shirt. From what I heard, that's one of the best boxing gyms around Toronto. But like my Sensei says, boxing has its limitations. But I got enough confidence to beat a 6 ft 3, 200 pound amateur boxer in a street fight. I hardly use my fists. I'm always doing my Kyokushin kicks on the bags. My left legged Mae Geri is stronger than most peoples right crosses

1 - 20 of 316 Posts