Boxing Forums banner
261 - 280 of 316 Posts

·
No
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #266 ·
I think Mike W/BritneySpearsGuy has to be the weirdest poster over the years. If it's all a big joke, well, he's been doing it for years which would be weird enough in itself.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
I'm so disappointed I cant find the best screenshot of all. Zaheer Abbas was going full on mental at some child's birthday party event and Shaunster with alt replied with the brilliant conclusion '..sometime I wish you were back at camp.'

·
(p)abs
2,651 Posts
I joined when I was in Uni fucking years ago and my username was Bowe. I was around long ago enough to remember the site crashes.

A few fond memories to be fair - greggy outed as a racist as well as being lonely and looking for love, Farmboxer having AIDS, boning someone's limb, playing pool to save the Brit Forum, selling doors and walls with @D-U-D-E, too many to remember to be honest.

Oh and @Boxed Ears. Just, @Boxed Ears.
This.

Buy a fucking door :twisted

·
Deicide
67,319 Posts
Yeah I know, he spoke like he was 50. Really knowledgeable on everything I was interested in at the time and just about the only religious poster I've ever spoken to who could separate his arguments from the classic 'that's the way God wants it', 'the lord moves in mysterious ways', and other shitty, generic responses and debate with a genuine intellect. He had some quality conversations with @SwollenGoat. Brilliant poster.
Yeah,Cross was a guy that helped me refine and investigate my own beliefs............he challenged one intellectually in a way that few can pull off and made one learn the other side of the coin while learning more about why one holds ones own opinions..............guy was a scholar and a gent.........

He did leave to write a book.............Bo Bo was also working on a book...........much of which he sent me to read..............Cross dint ever vanish totally,he would visit now and again.............Bo Bo had a MIA event............his comp shit..........he came back,then vanished again.............I havent been able to contact him via email for months now and,like I said,Im a bit worried about the old fella.............

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I joined in the fun back in 05.
loads of the memorable moments all ready mentioned.
i remember 1 dude, who was a prolific poster at the time. I think his name was Booky? Used to be an expert on the super middle weight scene, came from NZ and he started larging it up in the lounge, pretending to be a boxing analyst or ESB writer.
He was arguing away as normal one day and mentioned 'Abs are easy' with a supposed picture of himself.
Good old lounge sleuths rumbled him with in moments proving the photo wasn't his in minutes.
i don't think he posted ever again under that name.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Was originally Disco Stu, based on the Simpson's character, joined around 2003/3004 I think. Changed my moniker to Curtis Lowe Feb 2006, as the site went down and I could not find where I had stashed my password, so I had to come up with a new name to rejoin.

Most enjoyable poster were Mankind, he wasn't factually correct all the time but was funny as hell, and gave a guy named Rattler hell. Big Jake was one of the most knowledgeable posters on the subject of boxing, a true fan of the sport. One of the biggest A-holes was a poster named Radar (who we referred to as Gaydar), he was one of those guys who just had to right all the time on all topics and posted about 100 times a day. Farmboxer was the worlds biggest Wlad fan, and was Obama's biggest fan and was a big pain in the ass. I think he (Farmboxer) still lived at home with his parents, or at least that was the impression I got. Swollen Goat came along and kinda took Radar's place of being the resident know-it-all, not on boxing topics though, just on everything else.

A couple of posters that have past away since the ESB days are Tomato Can and BoBo Olsen.

Other posters that come to mind is Widdowmaker, One Punch, Rico Spadafor, Longhorn 71, Frog Jenkins (who took a beating), Oklahoma Hoss (resident gay poster), Intentional Head Butt, Franklin in Dallas, Zakman (possibly the biggest pussy on the site).

WIsh I could remember more.

261 - 280 of 316 Posts