Boxing Forums banner
281 - 300 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
22,985 Posts
Was originally Disco Stu, based on the Simpson's character, joined around 2003/3004 I think. Changed my moniker to Curtis Lowe Feb 2006, as the site went down and I could not find where I had stashed my password, so I had to come up with a new name to rejoin.

Most enjoyable poster were Mankind, he wasn't factually correct all the time but was funny as hell, and gave a guy named Rattler hell. Big Jake was one of the most knowledgeable posters on the subject of boxing, a true fan of the sport. One of the biggest A-holes was a poster named Radar (who we referred to as Gaydar), he was one of those guys who just had to right all the time on all topics and posted about 100 times a day. Farmboxer was the worlds biggest Wlad fan, and was Obama's biggest fan and was a big pain in the ass. I think he (Farmboxer) still lived at home with his parents, or at least that was the impression I got. Swollen Goat came along and kinda took Radar's place of being the resident know-it-all, not on boxing topics though, just on everything else.

A couple of posters that have past away since the ESB days are Tomato Can and BoBo Olsen.

Other posters that come to mind is Widdowmaker, One Punch, Rico Spadafor, Longhorn 71, Frog Jenkins (who took a beating), Oklahoma Hoss (resident gay poster), Intentional Head Butt, Franklin in Dallas, Zakman (possibly the biggest pussy on the site).

WIsh I could remember more.
Frog took as bad of a beating as we've ever seen.

·
Toxic White Male
9,122 Posts
Was originally Disco Stu, based on the Simpson's character, joined around 2003/3004 I think. Changed my moniker to Curtis Lowe Feb 2006, as the site went down and I could not find where I had stashed my password, so I had to come up with a new name to rejoin.

Most enjoyable poster were Mankind, he wasn't factually correct all the time but was funny as hell, and gave a guy named Rattler hell. Big Jake was one of the most knowledgeable posters on the subject of boxing, a true fan of the sport. One of the biggest A-holes was a poster named Radar (who we referred to as Gaydar), he was one of those guys who just had to right all the time on all topics and posted about 100 times a day. Farmboxer was the worlds biggest Wlad fan, and was Obama's biggest fan and was a big pain in the ass. I think he (Farmboxer) still lived at home with his parents, or at least that was the impression I got. Swollen Goat came along and kinda took Radar's place of being the resident know-it-all, not on boxing topics though, just on everything else.

A couple of posters that have past away since the ESB days are Tomato Can and BoBo Olsen.

Other posters that come to mind is Widdowmaker, One Punch, Rico Spadafor, Longhorn 71, Frog Jenkins (who took a beating), Oklahoma Hoss (resident gay poster), Intentional Head Butt, Franklin in Dallas, Zakman (possibly the biggest pussy on the site).

WIsh I could remember more.
Is this the first confirmed posting of BoBo's death? I know he suddenly stopped posting and many others have remarked upon it over the years but I haven't seen any reference to him actually being passed on, just MIA.

IIRC, he was certainly getting on in years but I can't remember exactly how old he was back then.

·
judgemental cunt
379 Posts
I joined esb back in 2001. Just after sept 11 and my name was T.C.W. mikew was a nut aka Brittany spears guy. I remember when frank Warren got the site closed for a week back in 2004.

·
Registered
11,686 Posts
Yeah,Cross was a guy that helped me refine and investigate my own beliefs............he challenged one intellectually in a way that few can pull off and made one learn the other side of the coin while learning more about why one holds ones own opinions..............guy was a scholar and a gent.........

He did leave to write a book.............Bo Bo was also working on a book...........much of which he sent me to read..............Cross dint ever vanish totally,he would visit now and again.............Bo Bo had a MIA event............his comp shit..........he came back,then vanished again.............I havent been able to contact him via email for months now and,like I said,Im a bit worried about the old fella.............
Which book did Cross_Trainer write? Any ideas?

Also, fucking RIP if BoBo's dead. That was one proper interesting bloke.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
2009 I was Byron88 then i didn’t go on for ages and I couldn’t log in anymore and I created a new on Byron_87.

·
Registered
24,309 Posts
I joined in 2006.

I was both on Manny Pacquiao.ph and ESB.

I was taking junior college classes at the time.

here I am some 15 years later..

i must have half a million posts altogether between esb/CHB and another basketball messageboard.

·
No longer a new member!
4,816 Posts
Joined ESB in 2008. It was amazing back then, especially the lounge. Peak CHB and OTH have been brilliant in the boxing side of things, but the OG ESB lounge was on another level

·
Let's Go Champ
6,101 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Frog Jenkins thread had me in tears. I remember someone took a selfie of Frog and photoshopped themself into a picture frame on his wall, I don't know why I found that so funny but I was creased

I don't know if I'd still find old ESB as funny as it seemed back then. Maybe. Before joining there I was on another forum that was heavily moderated and no fun, so ESB felt like the wild west

·
Registered
24,309 Posts
2010. I was (and still am) WarpedDesign on ESB. Loads of great threads in that time. A few that spring to mind: the one with that northern racist guy that lead to everybody creating muslim Facebook accounts, the reverse-paedo baiting thread (which actually involved just being a paedo), the naughty forty, trolling caste football, the POF trolling thread, when Jeff (the boxer) exposed that troll as a skinny, geeky little undergraduate and also the cake nonce.

I love CHB, but I don't think we've had any threads of that quality on here.
Heard the terrible news. I hope you pulled out of ok.

it was a pleasure meeting you. Even if you don't post and you're long dead.

its sad what happened to you.

·
Registered
24,309 Posts
ESB had the best trolls and alts.

I think Jenna was a great poster and mod. She would ban people when she was on her period.

I liked that the mods were named after horror figures.

what’s weird is why did they close the lounge? Was it to get credibility as a boxing news source? I never understood why exactly they closed the lounge.

my best memory was during a server upgrade, there were still posters posting in an empty lounge. The lounge was still catering to old PC users who were still using Windows 95 or something. It was like an alternate universe

kinda like people posting in CHB these days..

281 - 300 of 316 Posts