Boxing Forums banner
301 - 316 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
ESB had the best trolls and alts.

I think Jenna was a great poster and mod. She would ban people when she was on her period.

I liked that the mods were named after horror figures.

what's weird is why did they close the lounge? Was it to get credibility as a boxing news source? I never understood why exactly they closed the lounge.

my best memory was during a server upgrade, there were still posters posting in an empty lounge. The lounge was still catering to old PC users who were still using Windows 95 or something. It was like an alternate universe

kinda like people posting in CHB these days..
I recently posted there for the first time in years...kinda like I did here. My computer died last year and I just got around to replacing. I don't like trying to do the forum thing from my phone.

They brought their lounge back. It looks like it was late 2018. Skimming, and not deep reading, looks heavily alt right

·
Registered
24,341 Posts
You gott
I recently posted there for the first time in years...kinda like I did here. My computer died last year and I just got around to replacing. I don't like trying to do the forum thing from my phone.

They brought their lounge back. It looks like it was late 2018. Skimming, and not deep reading, looks heavily alt right
You gotta link? I can't find their lounge anywhere.

dont forget your roots. Would love to reconnect with people that I haven't seen in years..

·
Toxic White Male
9,122 Posts
Well, that was freaky. My id and password was sitting there waiting for me to click "Login" and it took me straight in. Can't remember the last time I logged on there.

Don't recognise any but a couple of the thread starter names and I see that absolutely pathetically a thread titled "Cockroaches" has been auto censored to "****roaches". I'd post on there that the utter stupidity and pursed-mouthed puritanism has got me sniggering at how risible that is but the censor would just kick in there too.

So it got the old, instead

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Well, that was freaky. My id and password was sitting there waiting for me to click "Login" and it took me straight in. Can't remember the last time I logged on there.

Don't recognise any but a couple of the thread starter names and I see that absolutely pathetically a thread titled "Cockroaches" has been auto censored to "****roaches". I'd post on there that the utter stupidity and pursed-mouthed puritanism has got me sniggering at how risible that is but the censor would just kick in there too.

So it got the old, instead

Most of my time there has always been spent in the MMA section, but I know what you mean. Many of the posters there cry about political correctness but they're oblivious to the degree of censorship.

·
Toxic White Male
9,122 Posts
Most of my time there has always been spent in the MMA section, but I know what you mean. Many of the posters there cry about political correctness but they're oblivious to the degree of censorship.
It's a pity I have no interest in martial arts. I might get more out of membership of boxing fora. :rofl

Of all the posts I've ever made on ESB and CHB over the last maybe 15 years, less than 0.5% would have been in a section other than "Off topic". In fact, that estimate is probably a massive over-estimation in itself.

·
Deicide
67,319 Posts
Which book did Cross_Trainer write? Any ideas?

Also, fucking RIP if BoBo's dead. That was one proper interesting bloke.
I dont know what Cross wrote...............he vanished,unfortunatly

I fear BoBo did,in fact die...................we corosponed by email for a few years and then he also vanished.............

·
Registered
11,686 Posts
I dont know what Cross wrote...............he vanished,unfortunatly

I fear BoBo did,in fact die...................we corosponed by email for a few years and then he also vanished.............
Did you ever know CT's real name? I'm sure he mentioned it once or twice.

Fucking shame about BoBo, unreal poster. If I'm ever 1% as interesting as that bloke I'd be chuffed.

·
Deicide
67,319 Posts
Did you ever know CT's real name? I'm sure he mentioned it once or twice.

Fucking shame about BoBo, unreal poster. If I'm ever 1% as interesting as that bloke I'd be chuffed.
I dont know if cross ever mentioned his real name or not, tbh..............

BoBo was a great guy............... sent me a western novel he was writing at one point.............

301 - 316 of 316 Posts