Boxing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
20,877 Posts
I was thinking before the Dallas Jr fight I'd be intrigued to see him against Mayweather, Im going to call it now that he'd win

· Registered
20,877 Posts
He could probably beat this Pacquiao as well, Marquez would be a really interesting fight

· Registered
9,871 Posts
Probably only those three imo, but id give Guerrero, Garcia and Tim Bradley good chances against him all the same. The Marquez fight is one which id find the most fascinating, great clash in styles and could only be a great fight.

On another fairly unrelated note, this Mathysse weight gain for the Dallas fight has me massively pissed off, it was like a welterweight vs a middleweight on fight night. Hope Mathysse isn't following the Chavez pattern and using diuretics and such.

· Registered
21,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He could probably beat this Pacquiao as well, Marquez would be a really interesting fight
He has a shot against this Pacquaio, the Marquez fight would be a cracker however it goes. For me though, Mayweather outpoints him. He was outboxed by Judah for a few rounds.

Did you see Judah's reaction to the KO last night? No way in hell a rematch happens.

· Registered
21,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably only those three imo, but id give Guerrero, Garcia and Tim Bradley good chances against him all the same. The Marquez fight is one which id find the most fascinating, great clash in styles and could only be a great fight.

On another fairly unrelated note, this Mathysse weight gain for the Dallas fight has me massively pissed off, it was like a welterweight vs a middleweight on fight night. Hope Mathysse isn't following the Chavez pattern and using diuretics and such.
A guerrero fight would be so fucking fun! Great suggestion!

I hadn't heard about the weight gain, was it that bad?

· Registered
17,509 Posts
They're all interesting fights. Matthysse is definitely very near to this level. Hopefully he gets the Garcia fight next and when he wins that people will finally give him the credit and respect he deserves then we'll see him in a few mega fights.

· Registered
17,509 Posts
I wouldn't give him much hope against Mayweather. Ajose and Soto had their moments against him and both Alexander and Judah did enough to take a few rounds each. Floyd is on a completely different level and while it would be interesting and I think he'd mostly be made to miss and be frustrated.

I'd give him good chance against either Pacquiao or Marquez though.

· Registered
21,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wouldn't give him much hope against Mayweather. Ajose and Soto had their moments against him and both Alexander and Judah did enough to take a few rounds each. Floyd is on a completely different level and while it would be interesting and I think he'd mostly be made to miss and be frustrated.

I'd give him good chance against either Pacquiao or Marquez though.
That's my thinking.

Pac probably outspeeds him though and a Marquez fight would just be fantastic.

· Registered
20,877 Posts
Seriously?

I think some people are getting really carried away. That was Mike Dallas he just knocked out.
Im not basing my opinion on that fight, though it was impressive, I'm basing it on Mayweather's decline, Matthysse's wins over Judah and Alexander and a good win over a contender in Ajose, plus they're style match up. Mayweather isn't as mobile as he was. I dont think it would be easy but I'd back Matthysse over him. Marquez would be a step too far atm

· Registered
20,877 Posts
Showtime had him listed as over 163.5 on fight night I think, maybe it could be an error by them though.

That must be a msitake, wasn't he rehydrated to 153 for his last fight, cant see him doing this now, whats the benefit?

· Registered
22,444 Posts
I don't think anyone beats him at 140. Garcia would be a great scrap, I don't think he'd break Garcia down too easily and it would go into the late rounds, both can punch some and both have decent chins, both can box a bit as well. I think Matthysse would get him around 10-12.

Rios is mad for him imo, he just walk onto bomb after bomb and the punishment would catch up with him. Matthysse in 5.

He would murder Khan, it would be an absolute massacre.

Up at 147, Alexander won't want anything more to do with him after last time. Maidana is too crude and although he beat him in the ams, he wouldn't be able to do it over 12.

Marquez would probably be too clever for him. Pacquaio too fast and would swarm him in a very good fight. I think Mayweather would be the easiest fight for him out of the three on styles as he doesn't have a great output, lets fighters come onto him and isn't the biggest of punchers. Not that I'm picking Matthysse over him but style wise I think Matthysse would have a better chance over him than an aggressive counter puncher like Marquez.

Berto, Guerrero, Malignaggi, Brook wouldn't be able to keep him off them.

He would massacre Bradley as well imo. Similar to reasons on Mayweather but not Bradley isn't as good and has even less pop.

· Prize prick!!
5,197 Posts
He's certainly got a shot against Pacquaio now. He has a chance against anyone considering his genuine one punch KO power.

I'd be shocked if that weight gain was true though. He didn't look much different from the weigh in and TBH looked the lighter of the two if anything! Surely it's nearly impossible to put on that much weight in 30 hours. Its about a 20% gain!

· Registered
6,670 Posts
He's certainly got a shot against Pacquaio now. He has a chance against anyone considering his genuine one punch KO power.

I'd be shocked if that weight gain was true though. He didn't look much different from the weigh in and TBH looked the lighter of the two if anything! Surely it's nearly impossible to put on that much weight in 30 hours. Its about a 20% gain!
Ufc fighters do it all the time, sometimes more than that!

Also he looked much heavier to me, a much thicker set than Dallas.

· Registered
21,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Maybe they meant 153. I hope so anyway.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.