Boxing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the question says, who do you rank higher in your ATG list, should Wlad retire now?

I'm not asking who wins the fight, merely who you would have higher.

It's touch and go for me, but I'd probably pick Wlad here. Neither are top 10 in my list

· CHB Overlord
26,241 Posts
Resume - Dempsey

HTH - Wlad would kill him inside 3 rounds

· Registered
20,877 Posts
really good question, it is really close this, im honestly not sure

· Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I base my rankings on:

1) Resume
2) Longevity
3) Prime Loses
4) Overall Achievement (ie number of title defences etc)
5) Head to Head ability among others in the division

I feel Wlad sneaks above Jack in the majority of these

· CHB Overlord
26,241 Posts
I base my rankings on:

1) Resume
2) Longevity
3) Prime Loses
4) Overall Achievement (ie number of title defences etc)
5) Head to Head ability among others in the division

I feel Wlad sneaks above Jack in the majority of these
In that case, Wlad pretty much tops them all. In their prime, both lost to relative nobody journeymen also

· Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In that case, Wlad pretty much tops them all. In their prime, both lost to relative nobody journeymen also
:nono

Jack's loses early in his career were mainly due to lack of nutrition. He would go 3 or 4 days without food, so it's hard to judge these years for me.

· CHB Overlord
26,241 Posts
:nono

Jack's loses early in his career were mainly due to lack of nutrition. He would go 3 or 4 days without food, so it's hard to judge these years for me.
Well whos fucking fault is that?! If he chooses not to train/eat properly, then gets whooped, that's his own fucking fault

· Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well whos fucking fault is that?! If he chooses not to train/eat properly, then gets whooped, that's his own fucking fault
Well, he was fighting in order to eat. So it's not really his fault per say. But my poor stands. We can't say Dempsey was in his prime with these early losses as later on he was in much better physical condition

· God's Country
6,297 Posts
You really can't fairly rate by not taking under consideration the context of the era, including the different sizes. It shouldn't make any difference whatsoever to your ratings that the average size of the heavyweight changes. None. Anyway, I've got Dempsey at eleven, currently, Volo at 15, with the suspicion that his career would probably look better after he was out of the game a bit. His kind of boxer usually looks better when they're gone, as opposed to a lot of burn-out fast guys that tend to get underrated after burning out. Case in point, Lennox's stock increased after letting everyone put the pieces together when retiring on top and Tyson with a style that rarely ages well lingers on and let's the sport retire him, and his stock unfairly plummets afterward. Volo will likely be more like Lewis if he goes in any kind of decent shape, or even if not, really. It's just one of those careers. If his opponents are in any shape to go on and sort out the division amongst themselves and increase their own meaningfulness, it will only reflect well on him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.