Boxing Forums banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
We don't know the contractual conditions of the DAZN deal, there could easily be a get out if he loses or AJ may have a "can retire anytime" clause. I still cannot see why he would want to take those B level fights, what about them is going to make him get up at 5am to do the training? Nothing. They would only be "Huge" if they wore world title fights, as low level fights they have little financial value especially if DAZN think they can sell them as PPV which I can't see doing more than 100-200k which would barely cover AJ's fee (and that's assuming DAZN sensibly put a significant reduction to the contract value if he loses).
Your a weird guy, take a break from the internet like I said im not arguing you will see

·
The Anti-Bully
13,693 Posts
I'd agree that it depends on the result, if he's beaten again and wants to continue in the sport, the guy is going to need a string of gimme wins to get his confidence back up there.

If he wins, potential trilogy with Usyk or possibility of tempting Fury into the fight. I wouldn't take that fight with only a few months recovery and training though.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I'd agree that it depends on the result, if he's beaten again and wants to continue in the sport, the guy is going to need a string of gimme wins to get his confidence back up there.

If he wins, potential trilogy with Usyk or possibility of tempting Fury into the fight. I wouldn't take that fight with only a few months recovery and training though.
I really couldn't see what the plan would be at that point if he loses? Hope that Fury really retires and relinquishes the WBC belt and hope he can get a chance to fight for it? I presume if that does happen Usyk will want to scoop it up anyway which rules AJ out. There is very little chance that he could fight Usyk a third time without probably beating at least two of Joyce/Dubois/Wilder and even then it would seem like a long shot. Assuming he could make and win those fights that would likely take us into 2024 anyway by which time he'll be 35 and past it. I still have yet to hear a credible plan from anyone that is more sensible that AJ retiring if he loses...

·
The Anti-Bully
13,693 Posts
I really couldn't see what the plan would be at that point if he loses? Hope that Fury really retires and relinquishes the WBC belt and hope he can get a chance to fight for it? I presume if that does happen Usyk will want to scoop it up anyway which rules AJ out. There is very little chance that he could fight Usyk a third time without probably beating at least two of Joyce/Dubois/Wilder and even then it would seem like a long shot. Assuming he could make and win those fights that would likely take us into 2024 anyway by which time he'll be 35 and past it. I still have yet to hear a credible plan from anyone that is more sensible that AJ retiring if he loses...
There will only be a third fight with Usyk if he wins and there was something close about the fight... like AJ miraculously wins on points or Usyk was handling him easily for most of the fight and then AJ lands the KO out of nowhere.

Then a third fight is intriguing.

If Usyk just beats him wide on points again then yeah he would need to prove his place for another title shot.

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
Do you think anyone here cares that much about AJ's life to make a "credible" plan, its just abit of fun and predictions its not that serious, you need a new hobby

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Thinking AJ-Whyte for December.
Yep Eddie Hearn has been hinting about AJ vs Whyte all week.

But given the Meltdown AJ has postfight I think he needs an even more softer touch for his first fight back. Maybe a Hasim Rahman jr a quick demolition job might give him a confidence boost.

Reactions: Philly Shell

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Yep Eddie Hearn has been hinting about AJ vs Whyte all week.

But given the Meltdown AJ has postfight I think he needs an even more softer touch for his first fight back. Maybe a Hasim Rahman jr a quick demolition job might give him a confidence boost.
So much will depend on AJ's mental state. If he can get his head right, Whyte is probably the right fight.

·
just loving boxing
318 Posts
Hearn reiterating post fight AJ will be back and naming Whyte and Wilder as potential opponents :

“I’d like to see him back out. Maybe even in late December,” Hearn added.

“There’s massive fights for him. Dillian Whyte, Deontay Wilder.

“There’s so many fights for him in the top 10. There’s even some Brits for him that are coming through in a couple of fights as well.”

“We’ve just got to see what he wants to do. It’s going to be a tough, tough defeat to take but he’ll be back.”

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
If AJ is stupid enough to continue, I don't expect it to last long, he won't be properly motivated and will cut corners to try and pick up the cheque and he'll get caught out and give credence to the complete arseholes who hang around here to claim he shouldn't have ever won a single bout. AJ wouldn't lose to any of the names given in a title fight, he is a way superior fighter to the one who beat Whyte in 2015 and Wilder is a joke propped up by the Fury fanboys but if you don't take it seriously you can and will lose to anyone.

·
The Anti-Bully
13,693 Posts
Hearn reiterating post fight AJ will be back and naming Whyte and Wilder as potential opponents :

“I’d like to see him back out. Maybe even in late December,” Hearn added.

“There’s massive fights for him. Dillian Whyte, Deontay Wilder.

“There’s so many fights for him in the top 10. There’s even some Brits for him that are coming through in a couple of fights as well.”

“We’ve just got to see what he wants to do. It’s going to be a tough, tough defeat to take but he’ll be back.”
Sounds like he wants Joshua to go back to easier fights a few times a year before getting in there with Wilder or the likes.

People forget he was a 10-0 prospect fighting the Skeltons, Sprotts and Zumbano's of the world before he took his first Championship fight and that was against a weak belt holder... from that point on he's obligated to fight better contenders.

·
The Anti-Bully
13,693 Posts
If AJ is stupid enough to continue, I don't expect it to last long, he won't be properly motivated and will cut corners to try and pick up the cheque and he'll get caught out and give credence to the complete arseholes who hang around here to claim he shouldn't have ever won a single bout. AJ wouldn't lose to any of the names given in a title fight, he is a way superior fighter to the one who beat Whyte in 2015 and Wilder is a joke propped up by the Fury fanboys but if you don't take it seriously you can and will lose to anyone.
Who was Joshuas best win in your opinion?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Who was Joshuas best win in your opinion?
Personally I would say it has to be the WK win, that was the most exciting fight I have ever seen and the first time AJ was properly challenged and he had to show a lot of different skills in that fight to make it through and given WK was the dominant champ of the previous decade and was incredible motivated to regain the title after his limp loss to Fury it definitely stands out for me. I think also the Parker and Ruiz II wins deserve more praise as they showed he could win a different way the the showreel KO's that had led up to that point. I think when the obituary of AJ's career is written those will be the high points. I also think that the Ruiz loss was the turning point as he lost his confidence to move forward knowing he could finish anyone after that point and when he came to Usyk that became crucial as outboxing him was never going to work and he needed that pre Ruiz skill which he lost.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Sounds like he wants Joshua to go back to easier fights a few times a year before getting in there with Wilder or the likes.

People forget he was a 10-0 prospect fighting the Skeltons, Sprotts and Zumbano's of the world before he took his first Championship fight and that was against a weak belt holder... from that point on he's obligated to fight better contenders.
Eddie Hearn's move to basically give the entire purse to Martin to get the IBF belt was one of the best moves a promoter has pulled for a fighter.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
"I spoke to Eddie and asked him if it's possible to get out in November because momentum is important in boxing. Eddie said December," Joshua said.

The when looks set just a matter of who?

·
Registered
14,386 Posts
Joshua's next fight seems to be with his truth. I think the man is gay and he wants to live his truth, but his handlers don't want him to come out. He might lose a few endorsements and some fans, but at lease he will be happy. It will probably make his a better fighter if he doesn't have to hide who he is.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts