Boxing Forums banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Only by those of you looking to find reasons to hate him, which you didn't need to as you do already. This is just a passionate guy who has lost his last chance, yeh it was unconventional and maybe not even the way AJ would have chosen with a clearer head but most of what he said wasn't controversial and he paid tribute to Usyk. Only the haters think, this footnote to his career could possibly overshadow all the great nights.
You have conveniently ignored the fact AJ dumped the belts over the ropes during his hissy fit.

·
Registered
14,393 Posts
I agree it doesn't matter but this is a place to air views of what we think, I'm just airing mine, I'm not saying anything about yours, In terms of defeatist I would say a realist, the reality of what is achievable from here is not that hard to fathom it's not rocket science to see what paths are left available. I'm confused that you don't understand that people would speculate on what might happen or what the motivations would be.
This IS a place to air views, and that's what I did. I don't see him as a happy man, and I feel he would be a better fighter if he came in with a clear mind and continence. How would you be confused with someone saying that AJ could be a much better fighter with some tweaking? Do you think Fury and Usyk are unbeatable? You really do seem to lack competitiveness. Why would he not want to be the best if he has a chance to be the best. I personally feel he can beat Usyk, and he has a chance to knock Fury out if he applies himself.

·
McMustache Nuthugger
1,198 Posts
Listen, there's one rule everyone should know when it comes to boxing politics. I mean there's more than one obviously, but this one is very relevant:

No one coming off a win is ever really retired until they actually turn down money. Everything before that should be taken as a negotiating stance.

It's amazing how many people don't seem to operate under this rule.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
This IS a place to air views, and that's what I did. I don't see him as a happy man, and I feel he would be a better fighter if he came in with a clear mind and continence. How would you be confused with someone saying that AJ could be a much better fighter with some tweaking? Do you think Fury and Usyk are unbeatable? You really do seem to lack competitiveness. Why would he not want to be the best if he has a chance to be the best. I personally feel he can beat Usyk, and he has a chance to knock Fury out if he applies himself.
Well I see someone who was frustrated after putting alot into a fight that was key to his future but not someone inherently unhappy. While I believe AJ can improve I think the chances of him doing so quickly enough are slim and while I think neither Fury or Usyk are invincible he won't realistically be in a position to challenge them in the short to medium term even if he could improve his skill level enough to be a realistic challenge. The business of boxing won't allow someone who has lost 3 from 5 to keep challenging the top tier especially when there is a big queue (Joyce, Dubois, Hrgovic etc) waiting for their shot. If he wants to improve and feels he can, I'm not saying he shouldn't but realism says he is unlikely to get the chance to show it against the best now even if he manages it.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 · (Edited)
If AJ is looking for a bum to fight in December, who better than that fat drug cheat Jarrell Miller?

It would be a judge match of sorts because Miller testing positive led to AJ being humiliated in his US debut by another fat man, the little fat man, Andy Ruiz.

Miller is now ridiculously fat and immobile and not really much different to hitting a heavy bag in the gym.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
If AJ is looking for a bum to fight in December, who better than that fat bastard Jarrell Miller?

It would be a judge match of sorts because Miller testing positive led to AJ losing to another fat man. A little fat man called Ruiz, who not only humiliated AJ in his US debut, he took all his belts in the process.
AJ is mentally fragile at the moment Miller would get in his head at the press conference. Have him mentally beat before the fight even starts.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
He may have to go back to listening to positive affirmations all day, every day, again.
From what Garcia was saying on his Robert Garcia Unfiltered YouTube channel at the beginning of training camp. He was listening positive affirmations anyway and still lost.

He so mentally fragile at the moment that the coaches seem to be telling him he is winning rounds even when he is losing them.

The Secret is out from now on every fringe world level opponent will trying to get in his head. Hearn will be looking for tomatoe cans with manufactured records for his next opponent.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
All this proves is AJ's career is over whatever he and EH say. DAZN will maybe stomach one tomato can as the first fight but after that given what they are paying him they will expect a decent contender and once he loses that it will be over as DAZN will find a way out even if it's paying off AJ not to fight again (cheaper to offer him that than lose massively on PPV's that wont sell).

·
Super Moderator
13,476 Posts
Hearn says AJ needs to get back to winning and wants him to 'have four fights between now and the end of 2023'. He keeps coming up with Whyte and Wilder's names.

You know they'll never let AJ anywhere near Wilder.

- But that's the fight that makes the most sense: If AJ somehow could land heavy on Wilder, before getting put to sleep himelf, then he'd be the only guy to do it besides Fury.

And thus an AJ - Fury showdown would be promotional gold, even if AJ had no belts.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
You know they'll never let AJ anywhere near Wilder.

- But that's the fight that makes the most sense: If AJ somehow could land heavy on Wilder, before getting put to sleep himelf, then he'd be the only guy to do it besides Fury.

And thus an AJ - Fury showdown would be promotional gold, even if AJ had no belts.
I doubt it will ever work unless AJ managed to beat some decent contenders and Wilder had a Belt at that point, given AJ's inability to attack now it will be probably hard to beat anyone decent as the opponents know he doesn't have the main weapon anymore.

The Fury fight will never, ever happen. Fury either stays retired, fights Usyk, wins and retires or loses 2 fights to Usyk and retires. Even if Fury wanted the fight if he was undisputed I can't see him offering AJ more than a pittance and AJ has been a smart enough Business man to not humiliate himself to make Fury £100m+ while he picks up a couple of million.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Eddie Hearn lays out Anthony Joshua plan including UK return and Dillian Whyte showdown - Mirror Online

In the article Hearn starts out by saying "we're not booking a venue" and "I don't want to start mentioning names."

Hearn then, in his usual manner, contradicts himself by saying "It will be at the O2 or Manchester Arena" and names Whyte and Zhang and stipulates the opponent will be top 15.

:ROFLMAO:

Here is the man himself and to be fair, he mentioned Zhang and Whyte as possible future opponents in 2023. Zhang in Beijing and whyte next summer in a stadium.

As for next fight in December he was saying exact date and venue and opponent have not been locked in. I presume that will be discussed when AJ is back from his holidays.

AJ will probably need to confirm he still intends to fight in December. Will I assume also need to sort out were he wants to train and with whom. I will be very surprised if Garcia is still part of the team.

Reactions: Philly Shell

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
I think AJ by losing is making more money for the media and you tubers then if he had won.

The casuals are lapping it up,

Reactions: Philly Shell
61 - 77 of 77 Posts