Boxing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,667 Posts
Both are obviously GREAT talents, but who's more skilled?
For me, it's Loma. He moves like a matador in the ring, often making opponents look foolish with his fluid footwork and getting off punches from all angles.

Usyk is an excellent boxer with a great engine, boxes at a very high work rate and made Anthony Joshua look ordinary when they fought. He easily won that fight against the naturally bigger man.

·
Super Moderator
13,473 Posts
Who's sexier? A Prime Anna Kournikova or a prime Beyonce?

(And the answer, of course, is: "Yes, Please!" )

Gotta' agree with everyone else on Loma, mostly because of his footwork.
- But Usyk's footwork is darned good as well. Pus, he has a great overhand serve, and he looked spectacular in that "Austin Powers" movie. :)

·
delivering the truth
1,412 Posts

- But Usyk's footwork is darned good as well. Pus, he has a great overhand serve, and he looked spectacular in that "Austin Powers" movie. :)
You a sexy Sergio Martinez fan?

·
Registered
12,667 Posts

Anna for me. Beyonce is much more successful in her career than Anna and accomplished more, but that's not the question. Going by looks alone, Anna by a mile.

·
Banned
14,464 Posts
Loma more skilled.

Usyk is good but he went life and death with Chisora. I’d like to see Usyk in with Wilder and Fury before putting him above Loma.

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Loma.. nothing that Usyk makes you go wow. Just a solid technical fighter but nothing about him is exceptional.

Reactions: VinoVeritas

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Loma without a doubt. I personally feel like he went on a decline when he went pro. In the amateurs, he's fighting the top guys week in and week out. In the pros, he appears to have gotten lazy while fighting guys that are leagues below him

·
Registered
12,667 Posts
Loma without a doubt. I personally feel like he went on a decline when he went pro. In the amateurs, he's fighting the top guys week in and week out. In the pros, he appears to have gotten lazy while fighting guys that are leagues below him

You are either trolling or don't know squat about the guys professional career. How many pros make their debut going 10 rounds? He did it in 2013 by going 10 rounds to win the WBO International Featherweight Title. His second fight was against Orlando Salido at 12 rounds for his title, but Salido came on overweight so his title was not on the line since he got stripped for missing weight but did go on to win a controversial split decision.

Every fight Loma has had in his career with the exception of Masayoshi Nakatani in 2021, that he won by KO, was for some type of title. I can't imagine any amateurs being elite enough to match the opponents Loma has faced in his pro career.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
You are either trolling or don't know squat about the guys professional career. How many pros make their debut going 10 rounds? He did it in 2013 by going 10 rounds to win the WBO International Featherweight Title. His second fight was against Orlando Salido at 12 rounds for his title, but Salido came on overweight so his title was not on the line since he got stripped for missing weight but did go on to win a controversial split decision.

Every fight Loma has had in his career with the exception of Masayoshi Nakatani in 2021, that he won by KO, was for some type of title. I can't imagine any amateurs being elite enough to match the opponents Loma has faced in his pro career.
You're truly an idiot. Loma in the amateurs was facing Olympic level fighters on a regular basis, those same fighters that more times than not end up winning belts.

For example, when they first started allowing pros compete in the Olympics, the majority of them were STOPPED.

·
Registered
12,667 Posts
You're truly an idiot. Loma in the amateurs was facing Olympic level fighters on a regular basis, those same fighters that more times than not end up winning belts.

For example, when they first started allowing pros compete in the Olympics, the majority of them were STOPPED.
And since when are 3 x 3 round amateur fighters better than any of the competition Loma has faced in the pros. He's campaigned against seasoned pros and for world titles.

Yeah, some of the fighters he faced in the amateurs may have gone on to win belts---but I'm betting the majority didn't turn pro and very few who did won belts. It was a long climb for most of them, often starting out as 4 round fighters and eventually working their way up to 10-12 rounders.

You may convince someone who doesn't know squat about boxing that you're right, but you are wasting your breath on me.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
And since when are 3 x 3 round amateur fighters better than any of the competition Loma has faced in the pros. He's campaigned against seasoned pros and for world titles.

Yeah, some of the fighters he faced in the amateurs may have gone on to win belts---but I'm betting the majority didn't turn pro and very few who did won belts. It was a long climb for most of them, often starting out as 4 round fighters and eventually working their way up to 10-12 rounders.

You may convince someone who doesn't know squat about boxing that you're right, but you are wasting your breath on me.
Good lord, you've never laced up a pair of gloves and I suspect that you lack reading comprehension. In not saying Loma hasn't faced great competition you fucking nitwit, I'm saying he has been on a decline and has been getting sloppy. He was completely dialed in against Russell, one of the best performances you could ask for, as compared to now when hes used to steamrolling dudes. You think pedraza, marriaga, Sosa, and Martinez would be an Olympic level fighter? Get fucking real

·
Registered
12,667 Posts
Good lord, you've never laced up a pair of gloves and I suspect that you lack reading comprehension. In not saying Loma hasn't faced great competition you fucking nitwit, I'm saying he has been on a decline and has been getting sloppy. He was completely dialed in against Russell, one of the best performances you could ask for, as compared to now when hes used to steamrolling dudes. You think pedraza, marriaga, Sosa, and Martinez would be an Olympic level fighter? Get fucking real

Yes I have laced them up, but that was a lifetime ago when I was a mid teen. Actually only had 3 bouts that counted in the amateur ranks and went 3-0 for my effort, but problems with a chronically dislocating shoulder put that on the back burner. The breaks in training while it healed was getting old and I saw no relief in sight.

You apparently have no desire to keep things civil with referring to me as "truly an idiot" and "fucking nitwit" so take your limited capacity to have a civil conversation and save it for people more on your intellectual level. I'm done with it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts