Boxing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure what Wilder is playing at? He says Joe Joyce would be a much tougher opponent than Andy Ruiz. Now he may well be right but is that any way to promote a fight between himself and Ruiz?

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Not sure what Wilder is playing at? He says Joe Joyce would be a much tougher opponent than Andy Ruiz. Now he may well be right but is that any way to promote a fight between himself and Ruiz?
Maybe he's not looking to fight Ruiz Jr, he's under no obligation to do so furthermore going that route if successful throws him back in front of a man who's beaten him twice by KO in his own country. I wouldn't be rushing to go that route either so since he knows he can't beat Fury the sensible thing to do would be to pursue the belts that Usyk is holding. Beating Joyce would put him right there and of course he's called Usyk out too so if he can skip Joyce even better from his pov.

Ruiz Jr vs Sanchez is a perfectly fine matchup if Wilder decides to go elsewhere. It's about time Sanchez moved into position for Fury (or had the chance to I should say). Final eliminator next for the Cuban please!

·
Registered
12,670 Posts
Personally, I like Ruiz's chances against Wilder. Ruiz has shown he can take a good punch and climb back off the canvas to do damage to his opponent, and let's not kid ourselves into thinking a Wilder/Ruiz fight will be a boxing match.

It will be a war for as long as it lasts, and that suits Ruiz just fine from his 2 outings with AJ. The first bout was a fight with bombs being thrown often, the second was a boxing clinic put on by AJ who just played the "stick and move" tactic to win a UD.

Wilder has no such boxing skills in his arsenal and just looks to load up on that big right hand shot to finish off opponents.

I really think Ruiz has the style to beat Wilder------IF he comes into the fight in shape and not like he did against AJ in their second bout. Wilder is pretty easy to hit once a fighter gets inside those long arms and has shown he gets to stepping in postholes when tagged with a good shot, and Ruiz is a finisher when his opponents are hurt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts