Boxing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,669 Posts
Ah, he took a page out of the Leon Spinks Handbook for Driving.

I would think a lot depends on how much the "Person" got in compensation since that accident as to whether they'd willingly pursue all charges-------although the state can do what they want in this case to set an example.

To face only 60 days for "Failure to assist an injured person" kind of tells me the person was not injured all that badly or the charges would have been much tougher as far as potential jail time.

Has he pulled an Adrien Broner and acted like he was above the law and his legal shit was not worthy of him attending any hearings associated with these charges? If not, I would think he'd face some stiff fines, jail time suspended, put on probation and have to take some sort of driver education course.

·
Super Moderator
13,476 Posts
quote: "Only a Baltimore judge stands in the way after a plea deal saving Davis from a prison sentence got thrown out in September."

So Davis actually HAD a plea deal originally? How is that even possible? He was driving with a revoked license, ran a red light, hit someone hard enough to cause bodily injury, then fled the scene.

Anyway, sounds like he's screwed.

A fun fighter to watch, but the boxing world won't exactly miss him.

·
Registered
12,669 Posts
quote: "Only a Baltimore judge stands in the way after a plea deal saving Davis from a prison sentence got thrown out in September."

So Davis actually HAD a plea deal originally? How is that even possible? He was driving with a revoked license, ran a red light, hit someone hard enough to cause bodily injury, then fled the scene.

Anyway, sounds like he's screwed.

A fun fighter to watch, but the boxing world won't exactly miss him.

Sounds to me like he and his attorney were more than willing to cop a plea and had it going before a judge who then said "NO" to the deal. I'm pretty sure it is up to the judge's discretion if a plea deal can go through, even if the DA's office is willing to consider it.

That said, I've seen much worse criminal cases get pled down to lesser charges and the judge more often than not OK's them.

Not sure how much time he could get since most of the charges have a max of 60 days and when they have many like that and are sentenced, they usually run concurrently as opposed to consecutively. IF he gets jail time, I'd bet it's way less than a year unless the judge just has a hard-on for the guy.

·
Registered
14,393 Posts
Sounds to me like he and his attorney were more than willing to cop a plea and had it going before a judge who then said "NO" to the deal. I'm pretty sure it is up to the judge's discretion if a plea deal can go through, even if the DA's office is willing to consider it.

That said, I've seen much worse criminal cases get pled down to lesser charges and the judge more often than not OK's them.

Not sure how much time he could get since most of the charges have a max of 60 days and when they have many like that and are sentenced, they usually run concurrently as opposed to consecutively. IF he gets jail time, I'd bet it's way less than a year unless the judge just has a hard-on for the guy.
He could potentially get up to 2 years, but I don't think he will get more than 60 days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts