25. Miguel Cotto
26. Daniel Geale
27. Saul Alvarez
28. Tomasz Adamek
29. Yoan Pablo Hernandez
30. Toshiyuki Igarashi
See less See more
1 - 2 of 39 Posts
I never really know what an accurate placing for Gonzalez would be to be honest. Depends on your criteria really, I mean I love the dude and all but his résumé is pretty thin in terms of actually beating quality fighters. There is a dearth in talent at the weights he's fought at anyways and he hasn't even beaten most of the better guys there. He's got solid enough guys like Niida, Rosas, Chango Vargas, Takayama, Hirales, and a couple of others but none of them are really all that in the grand scheme of things, and I have a lot of love for Vargas. So yeah, mostly just a bundle of B/C level wins for me, but he's a tremendous offensive talent and if you are one who puts more emphasis on perceived talent and/or ability then I can't really complain. I honestly can never really settle on where he should be, maybe just inside the top 20 or something.

Nice to see someone else feels that way about the placing of Donaire/Ward, @Lilo. I've mentioned that once or twice and tend to be shot down straight away.:yep

Personally I don't think Adamek or Igrashi warrant a place at all. The latter might be "lineal champion" at the weight or whatever but doing so by beating Sonny Boy Jaro kind of dilutes it for me. I'd probably have Mares above Froch but I'm glad you have him higher than most people do. I think his recent achievements get underrated by some people.
See less See more
As a massive Agbeko fan I had infinite hate for Mares for quite a while, but the draw/arguable win vs Perez, and wins over Darchinyan, Agbeko(second fight) and Moreno is pretty impressive. Added to that anyone battering Eric Morel can win me over.
1 - 2 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.