Boxing Forums banner

Your All Time Division Rankings: Starting with Heavyweights!

12K views 132 replies 25 participants last post by  Roe 
#1 ·
It would be good to get some CHB all time rankings by division. I thought I'd start with heavyweights as EVERYONE has a heavyweights list.

Put your top ten and I'll add it all up in a months time for the official CHB list.

(hopefully more peeps will be here to vote within the next month)

#4 ·
I did this shit on ShitSideBoxing but I can't remember my list laa

1. Muhammad Ali
2. Joe Louis
3. Jack Johnson
4. Rocky Marciano
5. Lennox Lewis
6. George Foreman
7. Larry Holmes
8. Sonny Liston
9. Mike Tyson
10. Jack Dempsey

It's been ages since I;ve reviewed my list and tbh I don't know if I should have Dempsey in there over the likes of Wladimir Klitschko, Jersey Joe Walcott, Harry Wills, Joe Frazier. Dempsey is much more celebrated than them but for me the most objective way to create a list is on resume, and that's obviously something I didn't do just now when I entered Dempsey in at number 10 haha, oh well. Fuck it, I'm going mainstream, Manassa Mauler all day.

#5 ·
1. Muhammad Ali
2. Joe Louis
3. Larry Holmes
4. Lennox Lewis
5. Joe Frazier
6. Ezzard Charles
7. Evander Holyfield
8. George Foreman
9. Roc Marciano
10. Mike Tyson

#9 ·
Except for ****** hipsters who think heavyweight is too mainstream. Minimum weight will be done in 2014
:lol I haven't got a top 10 for any weight tbg.

Do rankings for every weight class by the way, not just the original ones. Because we're better than the other place like.

#10 ·
No Dempsey is sound with me, he is very overrated when it comes to straight greatness (which I rate on resume more so than anything else). I think you're pushing the boat out a bit with no Johnson but you can say the same about me for having Tyson and no Evander. Evander>Tyson when it comes to resume. There's no two ways about it. Now if I said that on ESB I'd be hit with all the apologist Tyson excuses, ones which I've used myself over the years. It's time to stop the nonsense though

#13 ·
shit my reply was to sports sorry, should have quoted

also, yeah lunny, do one for each weight, it might be better to do just a top 5 for some of the divisions which are less stacked with greatness historically due to their age, it's up to you though. I think you should still do a top 10 for 140 and 130 though, as they were around for years but got suspended etc

#19 ·
How do you guys think it should be calculated?

I'm thinking 10 points for first place, 9 for 2nd etc. etc.
That's it.

Are we doing all of them or just the classic 8?

#21 ·
sounds good, yeah, it's best to do the classic 8 first and foremost, seen as though they have the most history

I think once you've done them, if you want to do more then you should start with 140 and 130, as they have more history than the other non-classic eight divisions

#22 ·
1. Muhammad Ali
2. Joe Louis
3. Lennox Lewis
4. Larry Holmes
5. George Foreman
6. Rocky Marciano
7. Mike Tyson
8. Joe Frazier
9. Evander Holyfield
10. Sonny Liston

#26 ·
lads we need your top ten heavyweight lists in Lunnys 'top ten heavyweighrs of all time thread', please throw them up in there too because he's calculatings scores when the deadline comes and is going to create an official checkhook top ten heavies of all time thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.